Magic Bullet Looks - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 12th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #16
Inner Circle

I agree Marc, it is pretty impressive and a joy to use.

Couple of niggles though, chiefly the inability to view changes made in real time (ie you're working on a still frame, rather than your actual footage as was the case with the previous version - I know this is something they are looking at for a future version). Secondly, it would be nice to have a masking facility WITHIN Looks to allow for changes to specific regions. Of course that can be done using duplicate tracks in Vegas but this would be a welcome addition.

These aside, the new Looks is great. I personally absolutely love the spot exposure and grad exposure. There are too many other aspects to mention but those grabbed my attention straight off.

Latest breaking news is that the most current beta (4) has just been released in which they have now implemented 32-bit processing support. Let's see what it can do!
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #17
Inner Circle

How does it affect rendering times? Is is as bad as the Bullet HD that came with Vegas 7? Please tell us it is faster!
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Well I'm guessing 32 bit support won't increase rendering speed!!

As far as I know, MB HD did not support GPU acceleration (may have got that wrong) but MB3 will ONLY work with GPU acceleration so that might make comparison difficult. MB Looks 3 still doesn't support multithreading (not sure if there are actually any third party fx that do - I certainly don't possess any) but in any event it's quite difficult to make a call about rendering speed comparisons as there is so much more to MB3.

There are a whole load of additional tools in MB3 that are guaranteed to slow you down, such as Swing Tilt (a joy to use!).

One additional niggle (which I also believe they are keen to address soon) is the inability to preview via firewire. In other words you have to wing it when tweaking a look and apply the changes to the media before you can view it on a production monitor.

Again, I'll stress that this is generally a great set of tools and that I believe Red Giant is addressing all these issues for future releases.
Old May 15th, 2008, 08:14 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
As far as I know, MB HD did not support GPU acceleration (may have got that wrong) but MB3 will ONLY work with GPU acceleration so that might make comparison difficult.
I loaded MB HD plugin to see; there is a checkbox for GPU. Perhaps it only appears if there's a graphics card that supports it?
Rob Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 08:18 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Could well be Rob. My recollection is obviously not good!Your suggestion sounds likely.

Cheers,

Ian
Old May 15th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #21
Trustee

ooh great news! I'm using MB Looks with AE n itz nice. Really hope it will be a great product for Vegas.. We really need more plugins man!
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
. . .Not that Looks is all about presets - far from it: there are 81 tools within the new Looks that have tons of adjustable parameters for precise control.
CORRECTION on my earlier post: There are indeed 81 buttons for tools but some of the tools appear in more than one of the tabbed areas (Subject/Matte/Lens/Light/Post). There are 36 Look tools and over 100 presets.
Old May 21st, 2008, 03:55 PM   #23
Major Player

any more news chaps?

thanks
Fergus Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:00 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Beta 5 just released. Still a few expected teething issues but a release looks imminent!
Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:25 AM   #25
Major Player

Thanks Ian
Fergus Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 01:25 AM   #26
Inner Circle

I'm sure everyone will know by now, but Magic Bullet Looks 1.1, with support for Vegas, is now available.

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/prod...-bullet-looks/
Old June 10th, 2008, 04:15 AM   #27
Trustee

No, hadn't heard anything from RedGiant. Thanks Ian.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 09:25 AM   #28
Major Player

Great News!

Now....what is the cheapest route to getting it?

Last edited by Alastair Brown; June 10th, 2008 at 02:30 PM.
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #29
Major Player

This is simply incredible!
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #30
New Boot

I just installed MB 1.1 for Vegas and I really LOVE it!
My question is, after adding the effects to the timeline, the preview becomes slow like frame by frame (not too slow, choppy) - I have a quad core, wondering if this is normal. I am having difficulty with syncing sound because of the choppy images.

Last edited by Guile Branco; June 10th, 2008 at 10:59 PM. Reason: mispelled a word
Guile Branco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...