DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Magic Bullet Looks (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/121199-magic-bullet-looks.html)

Fergus Anderson May 8th, 2008 11:52 AM

Magic Bullet Looks

Hi guys

Just wondered if there are any whispers on the underground grapevine as to when we might expect magic bullet looks for Vegas?

Cheers

Jeff Harper May 8th, 2008 12:44 PM

Well, Fergus I just wrote their Pre-Sales Dept and if I get an answer I'll post it. I am anxious to know also. I must take this opportunity to say I really like Vegas. However, I just had a second friend in the business switch over to Final Cut Pro. What is particularly unfortunuate about this is that they were both seemingly seasoned, die hard Vegas users a year ago. Their reasons were largely based on plug-in availability.

And there's really nothing to be done about it. When Vegas gets a large enough share of the market, if it ever does, I suppose things will get better. I

Fergus Anderson May 8th, 2008 02:05 PM

thanks Jeff - look forward to the repsonse!

Yes it is a shame about certain plugin availabality - I still have high hopes for Vegas though, especially hoping that RED will make available a 3K raw windows workflow which Vegas can be the centre of!

Jeff Harper May 8th, 2008 03:54 PM

Hi Jeff

Magic Bullet Looks for Vegas is in it's last few weeks of
testing...maybe even its last week. I've got no exact date but I
would expect to see a release soon this month.

Thanks

Peter Jefferson May 8th, 2008 06:13 PM

what are you guys talking about? MB2 has been out for Vegas now for well over a year.
Ive been using it today actually.
Running through my 6800AGP as well as my 8800GT.

Fergus Anderson May 9th, 2008 06:22 AM

excellent news - can't wait

Ian Stark May 9th, 2008 02:47 PM

I hope I am allowed to say this - I am a beta tester for the new Looks and the official opinion on 1st May was indeed "next few weeks" (although that did follow a statement of "next few months" a few hours earlier!).

Either way, the product exists and is in good shape.

Ian . . .

Michael Chenoweth May 9th, 2008 05:49 PM

One suggestion would be to use Ultimate S from VASST and their Reelpak plug-ins - Isn't a look you couldn't get from this that you could get from Magic Bullet IMO.

mike

Ian Stark May 9th, 2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Chenoweth (Post 874762)
Isn't a look you couldn't get from this that you could get from Magic Bullet IMO.

mike

There is now. This is waaay more than just film looks. How about spot exposure adjustment, rack focus simulation, vignettes, swing/tilt lens simulation, shoulder adjustment, fill light, star filter, etc etc.

This has developed a lot from the old Look Suite.

Jeff Harper May 9th, 2008 06:05 PM

Michael, I have the reelpacks and they are nice, but Magic Bullet presets are gorgeous. I personally don't have time to play with endless combinations of gradient filters, etc to find the right look.

Robin Lobel May 10th, 2008 02:09 AM

Well, I still don't see what you can do with Magic Bullets you can't with Vegas' basic filters (specially with secondary color corrector and color curves).

Ian Stark May 10th, 2008 02:50 AM

Robin, keep in mind this thread is about the NEW Looks, not the old Looks Suite.

Also, Jeff's comment hits the mark - some people just don't have the luxury of time and have no choice but to rely on preset looks.

Not that Looks is all about presets - far from it: there are 81 tools within the new Looks that have tons of adjustable parameters for precise control.

I absolutely agree, much of what Looks does can be achieved with the Vegas filters - but not all and most certainly not in the same time.

Ian Stark May 10th, 2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson (Post 874254)
what are you guys talking about? MB2 has been out for Vegas now for well over a year.
Ive been using it today actually.
Running through my 6800AGP as well as my 8800GT.

Just spotted this (for some reason the email notification only arrived a few minutes ago).

Peter, we're talking about the new, as yet unreleased Magic Bullet Looks v3 for Vegas. It's very different to MB2.

Jeff Harper May 10th, 2008 09:15 PM

Yes, and MB2 isn't available any longer, at least from Red Giant.

Marc Salvatore May 12th, 2008 12:01 PM

I've been using the beta and the new looks is truly amazing. I feel like I'm on the set fine tuning the lights and cameras. And the render quality as usual with MB is superb. With a recommended card the rendering is not bad at all compared to how the MB that comes with Vegas renders.