Is this font type included in Vegas 8 Pro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 19th, 2008, 09:24 AM   #1
Major Player

Is this font type included in Vegas 8 Pro?

I just ordered V8P, I'll need to add some texts to my video that has this accent mark "~". Is this available in V8P? I've been using a trial version of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum, and that "accent mark" is not included.

Thanks,
Norris Combs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Vegas uses system fonts, it doesn't have its own set of fonts. Typically, to get special characters, you'd go (in XP) to your start menu | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Character Map, select the font you're using, find your special character on the chart, and copy and paste it into the titler.
Seth Bloombaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:52 AM   #3
Major Player

Can I paste it to the "Credit Roll" ?

Thanks Seth!
Norris Combs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 10:21 AM   #4
Major Player

Character map gone

Seth,
I was readfing this post and decided to take a look at character map, just for information. It was not in the location you describe. So I went to the help files and it gave the very same instructions you did. But character map is not listed in that location. Any other way to find it?
Old May 19th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

Start - Programs - Accessories - System Tools - character map

And, yes, you can paste into the credit roll. One of my newsletters has an extensive article on the credit roll tool.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 01:37 PM   #6
Inner Circle

IIRC Character map may need to be installed (definitely can be uninstalled) via "settings/control panel/add remove programs/windows components. You'll need your original CD, but that should put you back on track!

BTW, realized that CM is buried in the windows components menus TOO, accessories and utilities, hit the detail button twice to dig down to the level where you can check the box!!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:00 AM   #7
Inner Circle

A really easy way to get the tilde character is to use ALT 0152 (remember to keep NUMLOCK ON). The downside is that it is a superscript tilde so you will have to adjust the size (which may or may not work for you, depending on how you want to use the tilde).

ALT character codes are extremely useful for things like € ¥ µ § and of course © and ®.

Here is one of many tables showing what characters are available and how to use them. You can insert these special characters into any of the Vegas text generators, including the Credit Roll. Shame you can't use them as custom item separators in dual item entries though.

http://www.forlang.wsu.edu/help/keyboards.asp
Ian Stark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...