Embarrassing "Lost Screen" question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 24th, 2008, 07:44 PM   #1
Major Player

Embarrassing "Lost Screen" question

Guys,

This one hurts to ask, but I'm stuck. I was making color corrections in Vegas Pro 8 using the "Event FX" button and choose a few plug-ins and was making some color adjustments when I accidently drug the plug in screen off the bottom of the screen and I can't figure out how to get it back. When I press the "Event FX" Button on a clip, the screen doesn't change.

I've already:

- Minimized the Vegas screen to see if the plug-in screen was behind.
- Selected the default Vegas windows view
- Closed and reopened Vegas
- Hit "Alt 1 - 10" to turn on all the different screen views.
- Pulled the edges of the Vegas screen in on all sides to see if it was hiding back there.

Silly, but I can't figure this one out and can't use any plug-in until I do. Anybody know the way out of this maze?
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Try hitting the "Default All" in the Display preferences.
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #3
Inner Circle

If you can do it, resize your screen larger than it currently is.
This way, you should be able to see if the window is hiding somewhere.
Get the FX window back to where it's supposed to be and change your screen size back to normal.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:17 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

I typically recommend what Mike said - change the screen resolution.

Some people have said it hides behind the start bar so you might try minimizing that and see if it's there before changing screen resolutions. One way or the other, this should get it back for you.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:22 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Behind your Taskbar / Start Menu

Hi, Roger
I recreated your situation.

What I think has happened is that your Video Event FX window is now hidden behind your Taskbar and Start Menu.

The solution is to put your cursor on the top edge of your Taskbar / Start Menu. When you see the double arrow click and drag down to minimize your Taskbar / Start Menu. You should then see the top bar of your Video Event FX window and you will be able to click and drag it back into your workspace. Once you have found and moved the Video Event FX window you can go back and re-size your Taskbar / Start Menu at the bottom of your screen.

I hope this helps.
Tim Ducharme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 05:36 AM   #6
Major Player

Ike, Mike, Ed, and Tim;

You guys are the best. I figured my video career was over, I'd never be able to edit again! My son was making fun of me imitating the "I've fallen and I can't get up" emergency necklace commercial saying "I've lost my screen and I can't find it....".

For future reference, I was unable to minimize the start menu since it was minimized and I couldn't make the screen bigger because it was already maxxed out. I was, however, able to move the start menu over to the right side of the screen (after "unlocking" it); which allowed me to see the top edge of the FX screen.

Thanks again!
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...