Is Vegas+DVD prosumer? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 22nd, 2003, 01:18 PM   #16
Sponsor: JET DV

A whole different set. For a screen-shot of the current version, look at: www.jetdv.com/scripts/VegasAssistant_03.JPG.

I'm still adding new pieces and looking at requests that come my way.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2003, 02:41 PM   #17
Trustee

I was told by an Indy filmmaker once that you'd get laughed at if you used Vegas to cut a feature film. I have no idea why. Something about "clip management" being bad. I don't really have anything to compare it to but Premier, and I'd say Vegas definitely beats that one.

FCP is top-professional. As is Avid. You basically don't get more professional than that safe cutting 35mm film. I think Vegas is probably middle tier, with Premier being bottom tier just above NLE's packaged with camcorders and capture cards.
Peter Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2003, 08:54 AM   #18
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Edward Troxel :
While true, these are also features that very few $200 authoring programs include. -->>>

The reason I haven't committed to DVDA just yet is that it doesn't have professional features. While a lot of the advanced DVD features such as subtitles would be nice, I'm talking about some basic ones like being able to write output to tape and being able to build a DVD9.

It's not clear to me that $200 for DVDA beats $99 for Pinnacle Studio 8, which has pretty amazing DVD authoring capabilities directly integrated into the editor. One could use Vegas for the heavy lifting and then take the MPEGs to Studio for authoring. (Not for DVD9s, of course.)

This is the one area where I think Sonic came up a bit short. I wish I knew what DVDA 1.5 or 2.0 was going to offer because it would make me much more likely to buy the current version now.

Will
Will Fastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2003, 09:12 PM   #19
New Boot

What dvd auth.soft. for subtitles?

I will need to use subtitle on my next project. Which dvd authoring soft u guys using for that matter?

I been happy with sofo dvd authoring soft so far.

Thanks!
Pierre Petit is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...