Multiple sequences within one project? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 8th, 2008, 05:23 PM   #1
Major Player

Multiple sequences within one project?

I currently use Final Cut Pro. I'm contemplating a switch. How does vegas handle the work flow of multiple sequences within a given project? In FC, I can put together multiple sequences related to the same project and then nest them into a master timeline for the project.
AND on top of that, I can nest MULTIPLE PROJECTS and their master sequences together into a final assembly timeline. More or less a long-form workflow.

Can this/ is this done in Vegas 8?, or is Vegas more of a short project program?
David Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #2
Inner Circle

With Vegas you create your project, save, and that project file can then be drug onto the timeline of a new project, ad infinitum.

It's called nesting projects.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #3
Major Player

cool, I get that. how about multiple sequences (timelines)within each project?
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:52 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Do you mean unlimited number of video tracks, audio tracks, etc? If so Vegas has that, I'm not sure I understand multiple timelines...

I suspect someone else who stumbles upon this thread will know what your asking....
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM   #5
Major Player

not unlimited tracks.
Lets say the tracks make up your timeline. In FC Pro, you can create multiple timelines called sequences. You operate on them one at a time. So in Vegas, your tracks constitute a timeline. Can you develop more than 1 timeline and work on them independently within the same project? Thats what I'm getting at. May not be possible in Vegas.
Old June 8th, 2008, 08:07 PM   #6
New Boot

You can have muliple instances of Vegas running with different project on each one. Is that what you mean?
Darrin Ward is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...