Brightness/Contrast in DVDA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 12th, 2008, 02:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Brightness/Contrast in DVDA

Hi again to everybody,
I remember that in the Preview in DVD Architect there are options for adjusting brightness, contrast, etc. of the menu and video files before they are prepared for DVDA. But whatever I try to do now, I just can't find them. Does anybody know where to find those options?
Actually, I want to do some brightness/contrast corrections because I get obvious decreesing of the contrast in the newly created vob files in comparisson to the Vegas rendered mpeg-2 files. Why is it like that?!?
Plamen Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 03:06 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plamen Petrov View Post
Hi again to everybody,
I remember that in the Preview in DVD Architect there are options for adjusting brightness, contrast, etc. of the menu and video files before they are prepared for DVDA. But whatever I try to do now, I just can't find them. Does anybody know where to find those options?
Right-click on the menu page and you'll find an option called "Crop and Adjust".
Brightness and Contrast are part of this option.
I've never seen this option for video files and I've used DVD Architect since version 1.0.

Quote:
Actually, I want to do some brightness/contrast corrections because I get obvious decreesing of the contrast in the newly created vob files in comparisson to the Vegas rendered mpeg-2 files. Why is it like that?!?
I've personally never noticed that.
What I render out of Vegas is what I see on my final DVD when viewed on a TV.
If you're relying on the Preview screen in DVDA to tell you what the brightness/contrast will look like, I suspect that's where you're going wrong as, in my opinion, this is a preview for content operation (menu flow, buttons, etc.) and nothing else.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:59 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida View Post
Right-click on the menu page and you'll find an option called "Crop and Adjust".
Brightness and Contrast are part of this option.
I've never seen this option for video files and I've used DVD Architect since version 1.0.
Maybe I am losing my sight but I really can't find this option Pan And Crop, even inactive. Even in the Help I can't find such an option. Are you sure that it appears in version 4.5c ?!?
Can you give me a snapshot?
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:27 AM   #4
Trustee

Version 4.5 c ?
We're only on 4.5 b !

Paul.
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:32 AM   #5
Trustee

I just checked.
Indeed, right click on the actual menu page, the big blue one in the middle,a box then appears, (on the left in my screen), select "crop and adjust" and then another window opens, brightness and contrast (and other stuff) in in there.

I've never had to adjust these settings though.

Paul
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:41 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kellett View Post
I just checked.
Indeed, right click on the actual menu page, the big blue one in the middle,a box then appears, (on the left in my screen), select "crop and adjust" and then another window opens, brightness and contrast (and other stuff) in in there.

I've never had to adjust these settings though.

Paul
Oh, I am really shocked now: there is NOT any "crop and adjust" in this version, I think. All that I get after right clicking is "insert..., insert..., insert..., set background media,..., etc , but no anything like what you mention. Hmm, this day is a day of the wierd cases maybe...
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:52 AM   #7
Trustee

First right click in the middle of the screen, on the big blue part, then from the pop-up window select crop and adjust.
Attached Thumbnails
Brightness/Contrast in DVDA-dvda-screen-grab-1.jpg   Brightness/Contrast in DVDA-dvda-screengrab-2.jpg  

Old June 12th, 2008, 05:53 AM   #8
Trustee

What's happened to the way which pictures are uploaded ?
I much prefer the old way, i could drag them onto the 2nd monitor and enlarge them.

Paul.
Old June 12th, 2008, 06:24 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Now I see, Paul: in my version 4.5c of DVDA there is NOT such an option really!!! :(
Is there any possible way for it by a key combination from the keyboard?
Attached Thumbnails
Brightness/Contrast in DVDA-dvda.jpg  
Old June 12th, 2008, 06:34 AM   #10
Sponsor: JET DV

Plamen, are you using a "Movie Studio" version? The Movie Studio versions don't have as many features as the full/pro versions (but they don't cost as much either).

Yep... according to your snapshot it's a "Movie Studio" version.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...