DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Weird Vegas 8 problem... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/123916-weird-vegas-8-problem.html)

Jason Donaldson June 16th, 2008 04:58 PM

Weird Vegas 8 problem...

Here's a weird one for you. I have a project in Vegas I'm currently working on. I have a nested .veg within the project. I open the project no problem, and I can preview and play it no problem, but whenever I make any type of change (add a trans, effect, cut etc etc), and I try to play it, the sould cannot be heard during preview. The sound track is still there, complete with peaks, I just don't hear any sound. (The VU meters on the master volume do not show any activity either). I have to close Vegas, and reopen the project in order to hear the sound again. I am able to save the edits into the .veg project file upon closing it, and they are intact when I reopen the project.

Any ideas why this is happening?

PS: if I open the nested .veg file on it's own, it plays, previews and edits without any sound problems described above.

Jason Donaldson June 17th, 2008 06:45 PM

Nevermind...I just got rid of Vegas and dropped almost $1500 CND on Adobe Master...getting very tired of Vegas' "Microsoft Windows" type problems.

Scott Brickert June 17th, 2008 08:59 PM

hehe, good one, Jason.

If you think of it, send me a message (beautifulmemoriesvideo@earthlink.net) or post back here when you feel like you're somewhat competent with the new software.

I have backup cameras, backup mics, backup for alot, but no backup NLE. these latest V8 challenges are pushing me toward something, and I like the Adobe approach.

looking forward to hearing your experiences in a month or a couple hundred hours of work with the new package.

Bill Ravens June 17th, 2008 09:18 PM

gonna stick my head up, here. I've had very similarly bad experiences with adobe products as with the recent sony products. May I, humbly, suggest avid or edius. avid is a little hard to learn, but, once you get into it, it has capability vegas will never, ever have...and, it's stable, and it has a good customer support network.

as an aside, I have absolutely no connection with avid or avid products. I've been down the vegas road, and found avid. I quite like it.

Hugh Mobley June 17th, 2008 10:58 PM

isn't avid the standard in the broadcast industry, unfortunately you don't see many vegas users there, also I ran into a website listing which camera used on hundreds of docunentaries, and it was overwhelming panasonic and jvc, very few sony,

Jason Donaldson June 18th, 2008 09:15 AM

Will do Scott...having a weird registration problem at the moment. Seems as though someone "out there" has used some sort of serial number generator and has put in use the number that came with my package. Adobe is looking into it right now, so until it gets straightened out, I can only use the trial setup.

Ron Evans June 18th, 2008 10:20 AM

Even as retirement hobby I have Edius 4.6, Vegas 8 and Adobe CS3. My video editing preference is Edius great multicam feature tracks stay as they are and every edit can be manipulated afterwards easily. Filters are also good and it is fast and stable. For audio I prefer Vegas as well as for motion pan/crop as this is not keyframable in Edius . CS3 has the better titler and Encore. Those are the high points for me. Most of the time I do not use CS3 or Encore. Video editing in Edius, audio editing in Vegas and authoring in DVDLab Pro 2. I have given up on one program doing everything I don't think it will ever be so may as well choose a good group!!!

Ron Evans