File Output Settings For PAL DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 17th, 2008, 02:06 AM   #1
New Boot

File Output Settings For PAL DVD

I've created my first video and wish to burn it to DVD. I'm confused by all the settings that Vegas offers.

I want to create a DVD but before I can do that I need to render my video into a format that is easily used. I think MPEG2 is going to be the best option for me, but what settings do I use?

I want to render a Widescreen PAL MPEG2 at the highest quality I can but not BluRay or HDV (My TV is standard) despite the footage being produced in HD.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Rich
Rich Nicholls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 02:35 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Rich

Assuming you're using Vegas Pro and DVD Architect (ie not Movie Studio - sorry never used that) - when you render - select "MainConcept MPEG2" in the "Save as type" box; select "DVD Architect PAL widescreen" in the "Template" box and away you go. This will render the video only - once that's done and without changing the region you're rendering - go back to the render menu - this time select "Dolby DIgital(ac3)" in the "Save As" box - give it the same name as the video file and render away.

This will give you 2 files - myvideo.mpg and myvideo.ac3. In DVD Architect dragging the .mpg onto the timeline/menu will automatically bring in the .ac3 file also.

There are other ways of doing it but the above works for me and in 90% of cases will be just fine. Once you feel more adventurous you can play about with some of the settings (select "Custom" on the render dialogue box)

Ian
Ian Briscoe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...