Rendering DVDA streams? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 22nd, 2008, 01:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Rendering DVDA streams?

I know most advice is to render using DVD Architect to use separate DVDA streams,
but I have noticed a distinct improvement on picture quality by just using plain, ordinary MPEG2 rendering.

The biggie was the marked drop in artifacts on moving objects (football) by rendering as an MPEG2 file, 8Mbps CBR. I did a comparison last night (part of my never ending quest to work techniques to get the job done faster) and noticed that using the DVDA stream (same settings of 8Mbps, CBR) that motion artifacts were larger.

Not only that, but on the plasma, the 'plain ordinary MPEG2 render" was a lot crisper, with smoother skin tones.

Any ideas why?
-Not that i'm complaining, mind you....

Ben
Ben Longden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2008, 06:18 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Just open up the DVD Architect renderer (click on the "Custom" button), go to the Video tab, and you can change the bitrate there. If you want to create a 8,000,000 CBR preset, you can easily do that.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...