24" or 30" monitor? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 24th, 2008, 01:37 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
You can get a screenshot by simply pressing "Print Screen" which places the current screen on the clipboard. Then open your paint program and paste.
Is "paint program" a generic description for any photo editing application? If so I have Photoshop and Jasc. Also, how do I access the clipboard in Vegas?

Thanks again Edward,
Norris Combs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 02:25 PM   #17
Sponsor: JET DV

Yes, "paint program" is generic for PhotoShop or PaintShopPro or any of the others out there (even Microsoft Paint that comes with Windows).

If you're wanting to paste the image from the clipboard into Vegas, you can't. You have to paste it into the paint program, save it, and then load that saved image into Vegas.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 05:25 PM   #18
Regular Crew

I run a dual monitor setup, have for many years. I edit on my main monitor and preview on my secondary, a widescreen LCD. Works great for me.
Rick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:16 PM   #19
Major Player

Yes... I have been using dual monitors now for a 4-5 years and I can most definately vouge for this being the ONLY way to go. I simply couldn't imagine editing without having two monitors. I would *definately* go with 2 - 24" monitors over 1 - 30" in a heartbeat. Makes your job easy because all you need to do is pickup another 24" monitor identical to the one you have now.

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:34 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Another plus to dual monitors is that with MCE I can watch TV on one while "working" on the other. :)
Rick Diaz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...