Sony Vegas printed manual at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 23rd, 2008, 08:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony Vegas printed manual

My Sony Vegas only came with a short startup guide to the program and a full manual on disc. Does anyone publish a printed book type manual so I can sit down and read it?
I dont want to print out 400+ pages on my printer.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 09:22 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Many people have taken the PDF file to a quick-print shop and had them print and bind it. As far as I know, the actual manual is not available in printed form. There are Vegas books available, though, that can be useful.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 01:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Also check out books by Douglas Spotted Eagle they're not manuals but great guides through the Vegas interface. Check out vasst.com. They also have some great DVD's that walk you thru the system.
Good luck
Allen Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 01:47 PM   #4
Major Player

I just printed it out double sided, hole punched it and stuck it in a lever arch folder. Cost next to nothing! and didn't really take that long.
Stuart Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 12:57 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I always just print out the manuals and take them to Kinko's where they punch and spiral bind them for around $5. They're really easy to use this way.

On the other hand I have a rather huge ink jet that will do 13 X 19 inch double sided pages that I got to print musical scores for my wife. It's intended for business use and rated for 5000 pages per month and while I haven't done anywhere near that number of pages per months, I know I've run well over ten thousand and maybe closer to twenty thousand pages through it in the 5 years I've had it.

I don't think most of the small ink jets will hold up for that kind of printing load, though. Kinko's charges way to much per page for color to make it practical to have them print it.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 01:15 AM   #6
Major Player

While I can see the advantage of having a printed manual, I like having it in .PDF format primarily so I can search it.
John Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:10 AM   #7
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Andrada View Post
Kinko's charges way to much per page for color to make it practical to have them print it.
Yeah, most people that go with this option opt for B&W.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...