Ipod Touch Mp4 Resolution? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 29th, 2008, 10:05 AM   #1
Trustee

Ipod Touch Mp4 Resolution?

I tried rendering 640x480 mp3 sony aac codec but it does not fill up the screen. Anyway to get it to fill up the screen with the black bars for correct aspect ration? I tried rednering to 480x320 which is the actual screen size but it looks pixallated with 1,500,000 bit rate
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 12:30 PM   #2
Wrangler

I don't have Vegas, but I have converted a number of files for my iPod touch with the default settings at Videora and they look terrific. See: http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 02:00 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I thnk the major prob is that the resolution is not 16:9, it's just 4:3 so when you use 16:9 material it has these black bars. I'm also working on this issue but I have no solution.

Axel, San Jose
Axel Scheffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 11:04 PM   #4
Inner Circle

What are you using to play sound on your iPod touch, given that it doesn't have built-in speakers? I'm particularly interested in portable speaker options for customer demos, rather than headphones.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM   #5
Trustee

yeah thaz the killer.. not 16:9. The image looks a little out of aspect now. actually the 640x480 Apple ipod pre set works with good quality but it just looks weird with 2 black bars at the side. you could enlarge on the ipod touch to fill the screen but it is still not optimal cuz u lose the top n bottom a little. I think the best would be to scale down the video and pull in the letter box so that when it is expanded it fits right. I'll try it out.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...