several vegas issues. need help. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 5th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

several vegas issues. need help.

Hi.

Great forum and great to be here.

Here are my questions.

I have vegas pro 8.0 and i love it, however i have encountered some problems.

first problem.

I was using the video fx feature and keyframe animation feature. I hit a few buttons else where in vegas and the keyframe timeline has vanished. I have looked everywhere and have researched various sites with no luck on how to get it back.

I took a screen shot so you know exactly where and what i mean.
As you can see in the screenshot, I wish to use the keyframe to animate the light ray effects on my text.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...scle/vegas.jpg

Is there anyway possible to get this keyframe timeline back?. I dont have the CD to re install as i bought this computer from my workplace and my boss has not got the CD.

problem number 2.

The Audio preview between the effects and the demo screen, stopped working also after i hit a few buttons. So im not able to control the overall volume and whatver.
How can i get that to work again?.

Problem 3.

How can I save my vegas projects as VOB files, so i can use my DVD discs on DVD players?.
I have read of people have VOB as an option in their vegas pro 8, i looked in render as and i dont have a VOB option.

Besides these issues im good to go and love vegas. I'm defo going to buy another copy for my other computer.
Thank you all for your help.
Matthew Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Ewing View Post
I was using the video fx feature and keyframe animation feature. I hit a few buttons else where in vegas and the keyframe timeline has vanished. I have looked everywhere and have researched various sites with no luck on how to get it back.
The keyframe timeline is resizable. You've apparently resized it to "nothing". Move the mouse to just above the bottom of the dialog box and it will turn into an up/down arrow icon. Then click and drag upwards to bring back the timeline area.

Quote:
The Audio preview between the effects and the demo screen, stopped working also after i hit a few buttons. So im not able to control the overall volume and whatver.
How can i get that to work again?.
Not exactly sure what you're saying here. What exactly about the audio is not working?

To control the volume, I typically add a volume envelope to the track and then adjust by adding nodes to the envelope as needed. Effects I add to the track header and adjust them there.

Quote:
How can I save my vegas projects as VOB files, so i can use my DVD discs on DVD players?.
I have read of people have VOB as an option in their vegas pro 8, i looked in render as and i dont have a VOB option.
You use Vegas to edit and render out your video. You use DVD Architect to take that video and create a proper DVD which would be where the VOB files are created. So take your video you create in Vegas, typically you would then render to MPEG2 and AC3 in preparation for the DVD, then give those files to DVD Architect to actually create the DVD.

I have a couple of newsletters that explain the process of going to DVD. The newsletters cover many other topics as well which you might find useful.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you very much.
I got the keyframe back and now i can make my effects.

My audio works fine now, I was wrong about the audio issues, it was my mistake.
Matthew Ewing is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...