DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Plugin in Vegas that can do this effect? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/125785-plugin-vegas-can-do-effect.html)

Jared Gardner July 11th, 2008 02:10 PM

Plugin in Vegas that can do this effect?

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to do this in Vegas, so I'm thinking I'll need a plugin.

The 'effect' I'm trying to achieve here is having text (like a logo) fly in from somewhere out of the screen (flying in from the right side of the screen for example); and as soon as the text reaches the middle of the page, it has a 'stopping' or 'bouncing' effect.

What I'm trying to do is get some text or a logo to fly in from somewhere out of the screen and then it tries to stabilize itself (like dropping a penny on the ground), but it will have tire sounds -- 'peeling out' sounds from a car.

I could use masking for this, but getting it to the bouncing effect, and even the warping effect (gravity pulling on the logo as it's stopping) is probably impossible.

The only other thing after finding something like that is to get the tire samples for it, and I have no idea where to locate them.

Catch my drift?

Edward Troxel July 11th, 2008 02:17 PM

You should be able to do that with the Pro-Type Titler in Vegas Pro 8.

Jared Gardner July 11th, 2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 906064)
You should be able to do that with the Pro-Type Titler in Vegas Pro 8.

I was just looking at that a second ago... I'll see what I can come up with.

Edward Troxel July 11th, 2008 02:31 PM

I know at one time I created a title that came in from the right side of the screen and "bounced" off the left side of the screen. Sounds like you're wanting to do something similar.

Jared Gardner July 11th, 2008 02:36 PM

I'm new to Vegas (editing in general, for that matter), so I'm learning lots lately. I'll keep fooling with the protype titler and see what I can come up with =)

Jason Robinson July 12th, 2008 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jared Gardner (Post 906073)
I'm new to Vegas (editing in general, for that matter), so I'm learning lots lately. I'll keep fooling with the protype titler and see what I can come up with =)

Get back with us after the first 100 hours of playing with it. :-)

heh. I kid..... kind of.

Jared Gardner July 13th, 2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Robinson (Post 906233)
Get back with us after the first 100 hours of playing with it. :-)

heh. I kid..... kind of.

I'll be around during this time =)

Alright, I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm new to Vegas as I said, so I'm having trouble getting my own animated title going. I can drag+drop one of the presets that's already there with the protype titler (like the 'bounce' effect in the collections), but I can't get one of my own going. I'll have to do a google search and find some more on this.

Thanks for the help.

Jason Robinson July 13th, 2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jared Gardner (Post 906745)
I'll be around during this time =)

Alright, I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm new to Vegas as I said, so I'm having trouble getting my own animated title going. I can drag+drop one of the presets that's already there with the protype titler (like the 'bounce' effect in the collections), but I can't get one of my own going. I'll have to do a google search and find some more on this.

Thanks for the help.

heh..... that is what I was referring to. While the Pro Type titler may have the features, figuroung them out is another thing. This is actually counter to how the rest of Vegas seems to be easy to figure out. But it is version 1.0 of PTT so I'll give them two more years for it to start making sense from the get go, instead of relying on D.S.E. and other trainers to make sense of it.

Edward Troxel July 14th, 2008 07:10 AM

One of my most recent newsletters has an article on the ProType Titler. There's also some videos on YouTube. Plus there are training DVDs at vasst.

Mike Kujbida July 14th, 2008 08:13 AM

Jared, there's a few titler presets (with sample videos) on Stephen Howe's site that may be of some help.