Best render qaulity for DVD's? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 12th, 2008, 12:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best render qaulity for DVD's?

Hi.

I have been saving all my projects in vegas as mpeg 2 and then saving the audio as AC3 as i have seen so many people advise on this site. The video qaulity is great but sometimes the audio gets a certain " echo " to it after being saved through DVDA 5 that i was advised to use.
I cant see where i am going wrong with audio to make it echo.

Also, after i save all my projects in DVDA 5 , burn them to DVD to share with my family.
They do lack that ultra pro picture that alot of people here have on their videos.

I am new to this and have only got a $300 digital camcorder from samsung, ( wife made me get a cheaper camcorder to make sure i like making movies, before spending the big bucks, she was not thrilled when she found out how much i spent on vegas pro lol.).

Well after lots of research, im really confused on how to go about all this.
Which pro cameras do i need, i dont fully understand yet all the multimedia talk.
So is there any good books i can buy on this subject?.

And advice can you experienced guys give me in reagds to all this?.

Sorry for such a newbie question, but i really want to learn.
Matthew Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2008, 05:38 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Matthew,

Video is much like anything else these days. It can get VERY expensive in a hurry. Right now, it seems like you are eager to learn, you have a GREAT editing program, and you are asking the right questions.

There are some good books out there to help, but honestly, there are a lot of resources out there in the internet for free also. It's going to be pretty tough to get solid results from a $300 camcorder, but it's probably a good place to start.

The next time you make a DVD, instead of making an AC3 file, try making a PCM file for your audio. That is a lossless version of the audio that should preserve whatever got recorded in the camera. It does take up more room on the DVD so if you're trying to stuff a long movie onto the DVD it may not all fit.

What settings are you using to make your AC3 and Mpeg2 files from Vegas?
Perrone Ford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...