V8 and Magic Bullet Looks at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 24th, 2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Major Player

V8 and Magic Bullet Looks

I recently installed MB Looks and have been using it, however, whenever I render any clips I usually get a error, or vegas just shuts down, especially with wmv, on the third try it worked. shut down on a sony avc render. anyone using MB Looks and having problems
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:07 PM   #2
Trustee

I have MB 2 installed with Vegas Pro, lately my Vegas started to shutdown momentarily, but only when I am in open text media window and changing fonts by down arrow, terrible:(
re-installing Vegas didn't help, so I reimmaged my PC, now the problem is gone, I guess some system files got corrupted; not sure though if that will help in your case.
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Hugh, the support at Red Giant seems to be really very good. Well worth giving them a call/email.

I'm guessing you are using the latest Looks (v3). FWIW I have been using it since one of the earliest betas and I don't recall experiencing a Vegas crash for many months.

What error messages are you getting? Does your video card meet the requirements for Looks 3?
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #4
Major Player

Yes I have been in contact with support, they are extremely good at support, and I narrowed it down to one or more individual frames where the render stopped each time. I deleted those frames and rendered a HD wmv file with no problem, Now I am going to try a sony avc and then a m2t so i can go back to tape. Support says they have not experienced anything like this before. I probably should have copied those frames to a folder for future reference, but I think I can duplicate them again if I had to.
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...