Mercalli works so good that I'm selling my tripod - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 26th, 2008, 12:59 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper View Post
Image softness is dramatic.
I drop a very light sharpen filter on the event and the render looks perfect.
Old July 26th, 2008, 01:45 AM   #17
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Spring View Post
Nice one Tony! Smart thinking.

I have DeShake, SteadyHand and now Mercalli.

Merc:
Pros for me - Inside Vegas; Stupidly easy to use; Tweaks for when I want them; registration was painless and final "cleared" registration/activation happened 12 hours later.

Cons for me - Not found much yet. The Frame edge fill is a bit "slurppy". Ah yes! Keyframing WITHIN VEgas is not available - and this was one of the variables that I would have preferred to have. I saw the demo of is being change over time. Looks like it's back to Split Event procedure. When will Vegas get the plugin option more available to 3rd party creators?

What I am really interested in are the aerial shots that appear to be awesomely corrected.

30 quid? No brainer. - But I still have deshake and SH up me sleeve if needed!

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 01:57 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Bernard View Post
registration was painless and final "cleared" registration/activation happened 12 hours later.Grazie
Hmmm . . . I'm now just over the "usually within 24 hours" for my download/activation link email. The money has been taken from my credit card though. I'm guessing that if there is a human being involved in this transaction then I won't see my software until after the weekend. Not very impressive.

I can't understand why an online trading company has to take so long to process an order. Why can't it be instant like so many other web vendors? In this day and age we (rightly) expect downloadable software to be available instantly.

This kind of thing smacks of an underfunded/understaffed business that doesn't have the wherewithal to invest in a decent online trading experience for its customers.

Let's hope the funds are being channelled into R&D instead!

/END RANT
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 02:45 AM   #19
Old Boot

WOW! That is a long time!! I must've been lucky?

After I got the software - see below, my registration doc was generated and THAT took only 2 hours.

I did my "deal" overnight and during the working week. So overnight maybe that was useful - dunno . . ? And you not got any software yet? Blimey-Riley!

Here's my experience:

Day 1 - Paid 10:30pm - went to bed!

Day 2 - 1:30pm - Access to download - Downloaded and checked and fiddled a bit. OK, access to download was 15 hours later not 12 hours - but not MORE than 24 hours?

Day 2 - 2pm - Sent registration details

Day 2 - 4pm - Final registration in place

So my final registration only took 2 hours. But I was up and running well within 24 hours?

Hope you get it soon. 24 hours? And no software? Woah . . .

However, you can play with it while you wait for final registration.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 02:56 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Yeah, bummer huh?!

Hey ho - big family and friends bbq at our house today so too much to do now and too little inclination to stare at a screen tomorrow!!

Have a good weekend.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 11:14 AM   #21
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Spring View Post
I do that too. Otherwise the footage would be too soft to use (for me).
Old July 26th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #22
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
Hmmm . . . I'm now just over the "usually within 24 hours" for my download/activation link email. The money has been taken from my credit card though. I'm guessing that if there is a human being involved in this transaction then I won't see my software until after the weekend. Not very impressive.

I can't understand why an online trading company has to take so long to process an order. Why can't it be instant like so many other web vendors? In this day and age we (rightly) expect downloadable software to be available instantly.

This kind of thing smacks of an underfunded/understaffed business that doesn't have the wherewithal to invest in a decent online trading experience for its customers.

Let's hope the funds are being channelled into R&D instead!

/END RANT
Same for me. It's ridiculous that in 2008 we have to wait a day or three (over the weekend) for an emailed registration key?

What's next, installing on dual 5 1/4" floppy discs?

Oh, my other complaint, the shopping cart MADE me buy a backup disc for $25. Glad I had a discount code.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...