Volume handles that are fixed within events. ?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 26th, 2008, 07:45 AM   #1
Major Player

Volume handles that are fixed within events. ??

I find it very odd that when you alter the volume by using points in an event and then move the event along the timeline, the volume handles you created do not go with the clip, they just stay put on the timeline.

Is there a way of creating volume handles that stay with the particular event when you move it. The reason for wanting this, is, I am editing a concert and wish to fade the applause out and fade in the following event but at pre-determined levels, not just the effect of a normal dissolve.

I wish to adjust the timing and level within the following event at the start of it & then slide the event back with its volume handles intact to fade in from the preceding event so it can then be part of a normal dissolve, J, or L- cut as required. (This was dead easy in Premiere !)

Ron Cooper
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 08:06 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Click on the "Lock Envelopes to Events" button and the volume nodes that are within the boundaries of the event will be moved along with the event. You might also check out the various "auto ripple" modes which should move those nodes as well when set to "move everything".
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 08:17 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks very much Edward. Actually I was just kicking myself as I had just discovered this button and after having no luck with the manual.

However, I seem to be having trouble with temporarily unlocking or ungrouping the audio from the video on events as when I click the icon or Control+shift+U, the events don't always lock back again. Should I be doing something else to release the syncing temporarily ?
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:13 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

I use the "Ignore Event Grouping" button for that as you indicated. Never really noticed the grouping not remaining. I guess you could always select both and press "G" if, for some reason, the grouping disappears.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...