DVD NTSC media stream from 4:3 to 16:9 - why the black bars on the side? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 1st, 2008, 12:18 PM   #16
Trustee

Thanks for all the help. I got rid of the Flashing over the 16:9 bars with Marc's help and I am not going to worry about the black bars on the right and left hand side. I watched the DVD and didn't notice them.
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Delaney View Post
BTW, since it is for TV, should I leave it on interlaced upper or lower? Is it necessary to change it to ProgressivE?

David, I don't change the field order. I leave the project settings in HDV mode (Upper Filed First) and when I render I choose the DV widescreen template and it automatically changes the output lower field first.

Regards, Marc
Marc Salvatore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...