Rendering takes too long for short clips...please advise. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Rendering takes too long for short clips...please advise.

Hello guys,

I am trying to add my videos which I have created on youtube. clips are around 12-14 minutes in length and I was able to add one of the clips last week which took about 3-4 hours to upload onto youtube. The one I rendered yesterday which is a 13 minute clip and once rendered the size was 1.5 GB which seems a lot for the length of the clip. I used the mpeg2 concept settings and made eveything in customs to best settings. It takes close to 3 hours to render in vegas I am just wondering if thats how long it takes for most people for such short clips too? My computer is the following:

Interl core duo 2450
2gb ram ocz plat rev b
7800GTX
cant remember mobo will check when i get home

Overall I am trying to shave some rendering time and find out what settings people use for DVD and uploading onto websites such as youtube or Vimeo.

Thank you for any input you can provide.

Cheers,

Karim.
Karim Amanali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #2
Inner Circle

you don't need BEST settings especially for You-Tube. they crush it down anyway. Set the bit rates (for those lengths of clips 8, 6 and 2 should work) and set to GOOD. that should work fine. Otherwise your render times will be very long as you have discovered. Good and Best are actually quite close in quality but much faster in render times.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 05:53 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Since this is for YouTube, why are you rendering to MPEG-2?
Most folks I know render to WMV or MP4 (using the iPod template).
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 07:54 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you so much guys i figured it out. I started using wmv and it is much better now. I also use the mov format (quicktime) which makes rendering incredibly faster than wmv.

Thank you once again.
Karim Amanali is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...