DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Audio channels volume controls (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/128286-audio-channels-volume-controls.html)

Buba Kastorski August 19th, 2008 12:40 PM

Audio channels volume controls

in Vegas, how do I display both, left and right, audio channels volume control, now I do have both wave graphs in sound track, but the only one volume for both,
I need to bring down right and bump up left channel (for example), men, I can't recall how's done,
Many thanks!

Paul Kellett August 19th, 2008 12:42 PM

On the track header, you use the slider for left to right balance.
it'll show a pink (i think) line which shows where you change the balance.
I'm not sure how to display both tracks as 2 seperate streams though. I wouldn't mind knowing that myself.

Paul.

Don Bloom August 19th, 2008 12:57 PM

split the track then use pan envelopes or the sliders on the track headers for Left and Right.

There are scripts out there to split the track OR you can copy and past the track to a new track then set 1 track to left channel only and the other to right channel only. You can do that by right clicking on the track and goto CHANNELS>. There is another menu there that will say BOTH, LEFT only, Right Only Combine and Swap. Choose your poison and you're all set.

Don

Paul Kellett August 19th, 2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom (Post 922125)
split the track then use pan envelopes or the sliders on the track headers for Left and Right.

There are scripts out there to split the track OR you can copy and past the track to a new track then set 1 track to left channel only and the other to right channel only. You can do that by right clicking on the track and goto CHANNELS>. There is another menu there that will say BOTH, LEFT only, Right Only Combine and Swap. Choose your poison and you're all set.

Don

How do i split the track ?
And where is "channels" ?

Thanks.
Paul.

Paul Kellett August 19th, 2008 01:09 PM

Found channels.

Paul.

Don Bloom August 19th, 2008 01:11 PM

to split the track without a script, simply C&P the track to a new one then use channels to use LEFT on 1 and RiGHT on the other.

Don

Paul Kellett August 19th, 2008 01:14 PM

Ah yes i see.
Thanks Don.

Paul.

Buba Kastorski August 19th, 2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Don

Thanks Don, that does the trick, can't believe there is no native Vegas option for that;
this is a second thing, after speed /duration control, that is easier to do in Adobe, but that's probably it :)
Many thanks!

Mike Kujbida August 19th, 2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

There are scripts out there to split the track

Edward Troxel has a free one on his site.
You may need to be logged in to be able to get it but it's quick, painless and spam-free.

Gilles Pialat August 20th, 2008 12:04 AM

Another one here:
Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Pro - Scripting Messages

Paul Kellett August 20th, 2008 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilles Pialat (Post 922380)

I've downloaded these scrpits, now what do i do with them ?
How do i install them ?

Thanks.
Paul.

Edward Troxel August 20th, 2008 06:53 AM

Buba, splitting tracks is a very simple process but does take a few steps to accomplish. That's one reason why I, and others, have written the scripts to make the process a one button click.

As for velocity/duration, can you explain further? The process is pretty simple in Vegas so I'd like to hear your thoughts on that. Also, once again there may be scripts out there to simplify your needs even more.

Edward Troxel August 20th, 2008 06:57 AM

Paul, if you download mine from the link Mike provided, you simply place the file you download into Program Files\Sony\Vegas ???\Script Menu

It looks like the ones from Gilles would also go into the same location.

Plus, the two *big* scripts (Excalibur and Ultimate S) will both do this as well.

Paul Kellett August 20th, 2008 07:02 AM

Ah yes, i sussed it .
Thanks Ed.

Paul.