DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   dvd architect stuck on 99% (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/128929-dvd-architect-stuck-99-a.html)

Oliver Darden August 28th, 2008 02:58 PM

dvd architect stuck on 99%

Anyone else ever have problems with DVD Architect (4.5a) freezing? It gets to 99% on top (making DVD) and says "burning lead out" on the bottom (burning process) but never finishes.

I am using a dell xps630 pc. I went to the device manager and the burner is a "PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16A6S SCSI CD ROM" (SATA).

I can burn CDs fine using Roxio so I know it's not the burner, I also put DVD Architect on another computer and it works fine so its not the program....

Jeff Harper August 29th, 2008 06:15 AM

I have no idea, but since no one is jumping in, I'd suggest the following things to do to narrow down the issue if you haven't already:

1. Move the source files to another hard drive then burn it.

2. Recreate the DVD project from scratch and burn it.

3. Switch out DVD burners anyway and try it.

Oliver Darden August 29th, 2008 02:01 PM

Nevermind, I think I actually got a bad computer from dell. I am almost done with PC's..... I think I am going for a Mac Pro running boot camp with xp pro so I can run vegas.

Seth Bloombaum August 29th, 2008 03:41 PM

Well, there are plenty of reasons to consider a mac... but "so I can run Vegas" isn't typically one of them ;-)

Do bear in mind that DVDA is much less likely to be able to burn to your mac's DVD-r than on a PC.

The first thing I thought of when reading your original post is that DVDA does not work with every burner - have you *ever* burnt to this device from DVDA? Are your burner drivers up to date?

Most people who go through this and aren't able to burn usually author in DVDA then burn with Roxio or Nero - I'd find this frustrating, but it does work.

Mike Gunter August 29th, 2008 03:51 PM

Hi Oliver,

It sounds more like DVD_A has a file (or command) that it doesn't like.

Which one? I don't know.

Is it a complicated project? If not, why not redo it?

My best,

Mike

Tim Miller August 29th, 2008 05:22 PM

I used to get that occasionally. I now use only top-grade media and I burn at 4x or 8x. No problems since.

Edward Troxel August 29th, 2008 07:39 PM

I agree with the above... if the issue is during burning then PREPARE with DVD Architect and then BURN with some other program.

Oliver Darden August 30th, 2008 05:44 AM

will try all of the above, thanks!

p.s. my PC / Mac comment was not just due becuase I couldn't burn a DVD ...lol.

Jim Andrada August 30th, 2008 05:31 PM

I'm running Vegas and SoundForge under VMWare on my MacBook. So far they work just fine. Biggest problem so far is that the XP app can't grab the Firewire port so I have to capture under MacOS and then access the captured file from the Windows XP guest machine.

I got it so I could get a new laptop without having to fuss with Vista.

Haven't tried DVD burning yet, but I'll give it a try - I usually bring the files into my desktop system when I get home and haven't needed to burn on the road yet.