DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Render Crashes in HD session (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/129241-render-crashes-hd-session.html)

Bryan Jefferies September 2nd, 2008 07:19 PM

Render Crashes in HD session

This may have been covered, and if so perhaps someone can direct me but the issue is I'm working on a 13 min vid in HD with color correction, jpegs, cookie cutter, ect... and though the file stutters a bit when trying to play it, it still plays, but when I try rendering as an HD mpeg or SD widescreen it crashes. I've tried pre-rendering in different formats, I've tried breaking the file up into 1 min. segments hoping to re-connect them afterwards but still no go. I'm using an Intel Quad core with 6 gigs of ram. What the heck am I missing. Can anyone suggest what I need to do or turn off in order for the system to be able to handle the load. This has to be in my mailbox tomarrow morn.

Mike Gunter September 2nd, 2008 08:02 PM

Hi Bryan,

You don't mention which CODEC, but you do suggest that you have tried breaking up the timeline into pieces with no luck (and with effects - color correction - and I'm assuming the same effect(s) on all pieces), if that's the case, I would suggest that whatever is the problem it is effecting all the pieces... That is to say that if it the media, the effects, or the drive where the media is, the configuration of the machine, or graphics interface -- it is consistent.

That's either good or bad depending or whether that helps you narrow down whether you can fix it.

Does that help? Can you trouble shoot the effects? Test the drives for speed? Make sure that there isn't any conflicts for resources?

IOW, does that give you a start?

Mike

Don Donatello September 2nd, 2008 10:59 PM

"using an Intel Quad core with 6 gigs of ram"

would i assume you are using Vista 64bit ??

your original HD files are ? ( HDV?)
you are rendering to HD mpeg - could you name the specific codec or format ( ie: m2t) ?
when you rendered a 1 min clip what was the size ( MB or GB) of that clip ?

Bryan Jefferies September 3rd, 2008 05:03 AM

Hey Mike and Don,

I am using Vista 64 and rendering m2t files from HDV. Apparently some of my effects were just to much for the system and after tweeking them some things would crawl through ok. I'm use to shooting HD but usually convert to sd on the capture for most projects. This was my first full-blown attempt at dealing with such large files. Do I smell an 8 core system... Humm

Mike Gunter September 3rd, 2008 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Jefferies (Post 928597)
Hey Mike and Don,

I am using Vista 64 and rendering m2t files from HDV. Apparently some of my effects were just to much for the system and after tweeking them some things would crawl through ok. I'm use to shooting HD but usually convert to sd on the capture for most projects. This was my first full-blown attempt at dealing with such large files. Do I smell an 8 core system... Humm

Hi,

Perhaps. It might just be the effect itself or that you want to ratchet back the preview quality a bit until final viewing or some other technique. Whatever the case, I'm glad it worked out for you.

HDV really isn't too hard on Vegas. Vegas Pro 8's 64-bit upgrade should be forthcoming.

Good luck!

Mike