Does anyone have a small video clip of just what can be achieved with vegas ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 7th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Does anyone have a small video clip of just what can be achieved with vegas ?

Does anyone have a clip of there work showing the effects you have achieved using vegas suite ?

Thanks in advance.
Jayson Corcoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #2
Slash Rules!

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but every aspect of these shorts was accomplished in Vegas:

http://joshbass.com/Site/Short_Films...armclock_1.wmv

http://joshbass.com/Site/Short_Films...rine_wm9_1.wmv

It's pretty powerful, way more versatile than it might first appear.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 12:20 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Jayson,

There are a few examples of some effects in use in a short teaser clip on my business home page vIT using bump maps to add lighting effects, colouration, various transitions, light rays, pan & crop, etc. . There are a couple of other clips dotted around the site as well, all created in Vegas.

Here's a short piece I have just finished for a client in which I have used some effects (glow, blur, cookie cutter, some 3d, various transistions), again all done in Vegas (but I did use MB Looks as well, which is a Vegas plugin but not part of the Vegas suite) http://www.videoit.uk.com/client_vid..._v502avnet.wmv

And for extreme effects use you could look at YouTube - 'Spaceship' by Craydle

Should give you an idea of some of the things you can do. I have no doubt that there are far better clips that others can show you!

Ian . . .

btw, I love Josh's Blisterine!
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 07:48 AM   #4
Major Player

Here's my two cents - a heavily effected short clip as a band promo.

Bmmchk Live Performance on Vimeo

In addition to the plugins that are included with Vegas Pro 8 I also use Boris FX and Magic Bullet Looks. However roughly 75% of what was done in this clip is all straight from Vegas. Most of the effects are keyframed.
James Hooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hooey View Post
Here's my two cents - a heavily effected short clip as a band promo.

Bmmchk Live Performance on Vimeo

In addition to the plugins that are included with Vegas Pro 8 I also use Boris FX and Magic Bullet Looks. However roughly 75% of what was done in this clip is all straight from Vegas. Most of the effects are keyframed.
This is EXACTLY what I was after, showing samples of alteration outside of the fottage taken, thats made my mind up, im off to buy vegas now :)
Old September 8th, 2008, 10:33 PM   #6
Major Player

>Blush<

Sounds like you liked the possibilities.

Believe me, it's the tip of the iceberg compared to some work I have seen using Vegas. With time and patience you can achieve even far more advanced effects.

All the best.
Old September 9th, 2008, 02:29 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I downloaded the trial version of vegar, around 20 minutes after buying the full version but it seems many features are not active, is this the case ?
Old September 9th, 2008, 06:45 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Corcoran View Post
I downloaded the trial version of vegar, around 20 minutes after buying the full version but it seems many features are not active, is this the case ?
To clarify, which version did you download and/or buy? There are four different versions of Vegas. I have only ever used the professional versions, most currently Vegas Pro 8. As well I will mention that I have added plugins that do not come with Vegas Pro 8 as already mentioned (Boris FX, Magic Bullet Looks 1.1).

To clarify further, what features are not active?
Old September 9th, 2008, 06:55 AM   #9
Regular Crew

I downloaded Pro-8, this is the same that I also purchased.

It just seems that many icons are not lit when I open the software, I would say maybe 25% are lit, the rest are greyed out.
Old September 9th, 2008, 07:28 AM   #10
Sponsor: JET DV

Well, you would have to clarify some more. Some may appear "greyed out" because they're currently turned off. Others may be "greyed out" because they're not currently usable given what you have selected/on the timeline. For example "delete track" would not be a valid option if there were not tracks so it would be "grayed out".

If you have Vegas Pro 8, rest assured that you have ALL the features.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...