Vegas 8.1 + MBLooks + Vista 64 Ultimate: wishful thinking? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 19th, 2008, 04:26 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Rick, I am the only editor I know that uses Vegas in my area.
Sure, I'll buy that. It's no surprise.

And I don't think you'll find a lot of Vegas users that are employed by folks throughout the broadcast industry either. But by shear numbers, it's got a big market share among small timers like me. That's most likely due to its startup price vs. the other NLE's you mentioned. I have no numbers to substantiate this of course.

I just came from Premiere myself. Personally, I have no need for an NLE that rivals my OS in size.
Rick Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2008, 07:25 AM   #17
Sponsor: VASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
I did send message to Vasst support asking about future creation of 64 bit version, but got no reply. I'm sure they are thinking about it, if they are not already working on it. Then again, 8.1 is so new, Vasst might be waiting for the next release of it before investing their time in it. Who knows?
I'm not sure what email you sent it to at VASST but you should be sending software support queries to the ultimatesupport email address that's in the readme, User's Guide, and hyperlinked on the about box of all of our software. Any email to ultimatesupport comes directly to me and others on our software support team.

We are busily working on making Ultimate S Pro work with 64-bit Vegas Pro 8.1. Ultimate S Pro, with it's dynamically loaded GrafPaks, Reekpaks, Audiopaks, and BackPaks, has a lot more complex functionality than other script tools. Rest assured we are working on it. ;-)

~jr
Old September 20th, 2008, 07:48 AM   #18
Inner Circle

John, according to my sent folder the message went to "Question" <support@VASST.com> which was from link I found on the VAAST website. I added the phrase "question", but the message is shown as sent at any rate. I assumed wrongly, apparently, that the most cuirrent links. etc, would be on the website.

It didn't matter anyway, knowing you read these posts I knew at some point we'd hear from you one way or the other, thanks for the update!

BTW, having only used Vasst support once, I can attest to how fast and responsive you are. I recall sending an e-mail on a Sunday morning (over a year ago) while attempting to upgrade or something and I actually recieved a phone call back within an hour or something insane like that, unbelievable service!

Last edited by Jeff Harper; September 20th, 2008 at 08:36 AM.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #19
Sponsor: VASST

Yea, the "support" email is more general and mostly handles purchases and shipping of our DVD's, etc. Usually they forward software questions to me but they get a lot more emails than just software questions so sometimes they get missed at first. Software support is the ultimatesupport email but you got me anyway. ;-)

~jr
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:58 AM   #20
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rofrano View Post
We are busily working on making Ultimate S Pro work with 64-bit Vegas Pro 8.1. Ultimate S Pro, with it's dynamically loaded GrafPaks, Reekpaks, Audiopaks, and BackPaks, has a lot more complex functionality than other script tools. Rest assured we are working on it. ;-)

~jr
Hi John - do you have a time estimate for when Ultimate S Pro will be ready for Vegas 8.1?
Also, can I request that the VASST Notepad be upgraded to work with 8.1?
I love that Notebook utility!

Thanks,

Chris Coxon
New Zealand
Chris Coxon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...