DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Render as Sony AVC, where's my audio gone ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/134865-render-sony-avc-wheres-my-audio-gone.html)

Paul Kellett September 28th, 2008 07:21 AM

Render as Sony AVC, where's my audio gone ?

I've been rendering some footage with my "vimeo" template, the sony AVC template, the same template that i've always used as per vimeo recommendation but when the render is complete i now have no audio in the rendered file.

In the template the "include audio" is ticked, i even dragged the rendered file back into the vegas timeline so that i could "see" the audio peaks, there aren't any.

Does anyone have any advice ?

I prefer (used to) the sony AVC rather than the mainconcept mp4 because the sony template renders a lot faster than the mainconcept template.

The only clue i've got is that this is the first sony AVC render i've done since installing the pro 8 (c) update.

The other render templates work ok.

Paul.

Mike Kujbida September 28th, 2008 08:54 AM

I don't use this particular format so I tried a few test renders on 8.0c using DV, HDV & AVCHD footage.
All completed renders included audio.
If it matters, I'm using the latest QuickTime player (7.5.5).

Chris Barcellos September 28th, 2008 05:47 PM

May I assume you checked the include audio box in the audio tab ?

Edward Troxel September 28th, 2008 08:39 PM

Well in the original post he did say:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Kellett (Post 944110)
In the template the "include audio" is ticked

Is the audio heard when playing back the timeline? (just want to make sure it's not muted or something). Maybe change the audio settings in the template to something different and see if that helps? For example, maybe from 48 to 44.1?

Paul Kellett September 29th, 2008 03:27 AM

Yes the audio is there when playing back before render, after render though, no audio.
I even dragged the rendered clip back into the vegas timeline, the audio track is there but no audio peaks, just the flat line.
Weird. It's the same "vimeo" template i've been using since i started using vimeo, first time i've used this template since installing update (c).
I get the same results though, same file size, same picture quality, only sony avc renders from mxf to mp4 with recommended vimeo template in about 3x and main concept takes about 8x.

Paul

Chad Dyle September 29th, 2008 07:50 AM

I'm not in front of my PC right now, but I think if you change it from .avc to .mp4, the "include audio" option should change on the audio tab. I'll try to check it when I get home.

HTH,

Chad

Paul Kellett September 29th, 2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 944337)
Well in the original post he did say:

Is the audio heard when playing back the timeline? (just want to make sure it's not muted or something). Maybe change the audio settings in the template to something different and see if that helps? For example, maybe from 48 to 44.1?

Smart arse.
Changing to 44,100 worked, thanks Ed.

Strange how it worked before when i was on 8(b) though.
Never mind, fixed now.
Many thanks, to all, especially Edward.

Paul.