NeoHDV - worth getting? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 8th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #1
Major Player

NeoHDV - worth getting?

I've been dealing with a performance hit on time line playback in Vegas Pro 8 if I set the preview window to anything above Preview 1/4 quality.

Will NeoHDV resolve this issue and does it provide any additional performance and/or stability benefits, (stability, color grading, etc) over editing native m2t Long GOP files?
Old October 9th, 2008, 09:21 PM   #2
Major Player

if you can afford its invaluable. I never capture anymore to vegas, I use cineform and capture m2t, then go back and convert them to avi saving the m2t. it seems faster this way, and if you may not want to convert all the clips you dont have to. I put most of my stuff back to tape thru cineform, its flawless, to view on my hd tv thru hdmi. I really appreciate what my Sony hvr v1 is capable of when I see it on the hd tv thru hdmi.
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...