DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   User Group Meeting - Washington/Baltimore (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/136357-user-group-meeting-washington-baltimore.html)

Mickey Grackin October 20th, 2008 07:40 PM

User Group Meeting - Washington/Baltimore

Mark your calendars!

The next Washington DC/Baltimore/Northern VA Vegas User Group (WBVUG) meeting will be held on Saturday, November 8th, 2008, from 10:00am - 2:00pm in Ballston, VA. The meeting place is located 1 1/2 blocks south of the Ballston Metro Station on the corner of North Taylor St. and Wilson Blvd.

We have a great agenda lined up so come on out and meet your fellow Sony Vegas Video editors located in the Washington, Baltimore and Northern Virginia area! There is no charge for attending the meeting.

Thanks and we hope to see you there.

For meeting information and agenda go to: Welcome to the Washington Baltimore Vegas User Group

Mickey Grackin November 5th, 2008 09:21 PM

RE: User Group Meeting - Washington/Baltimore

*** REMINDER ***

Mark your calendars!

The next Washington DC/Baltimore/Northern VA Vegas User Group (WBVUG) meeting will be held on Saturday, November 8th, 2008, from 10:00am - 2:00pm in Ballston, VA.

We have a great agenda lined up covering Vegas plugins and soundtrack scoring software. So come on out and meet your fellow Sony Vegas Video editors located in the Washington, Baltimore and Northern Virginia area! There is no charge for attending the meeting.

Thanks and we hope to see you there.

For meeting information and agenda go to: Welcome to the Washington Baltimore Vegas User Group

Ian Stark November 7th, 2008 02:57 AM

Oh that is such a shame! I am visiting Rockville, MD next week to make a video for a client but I don't travel until 14th. It would have been great to meet up. I'm not aware of any user groups here in the UK. I considered trying to get one off the ground last year but to be honest I have so much work on that I wouldn't be able to commit enough time to doing it properly.

Have a good meeting.

Ian . . .

Mickey Grackin November 7th, 2008 07:55 PM

Sorry to miss you as well

Ian,

That would have been great to meet. Have a good trip to Rockville. I use to live there. I moved further north to Frederick MD 4 years ago.

As far as starting a group, all you have to do is start it and then post it on the forums. That's how I started the one in Washington DC a few years ago. Everyone has been great at volunteering to do talks and provide office space to meet. It does take some work but may not be as much as you think. Give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks!

Mickey

Mickey Grackin November 7th, 2008 07:56 PM

FINAL REMINDER: User Group Meeting - WBVUG

*** FINAL REMINDER ***

The next Washington DC/Baltimore/Northern VA Vegas User Group (WBVUG) meeting will be held on Saturday, November 8th, 2008, from 10:00am - 2:00pm in Ballston, VA.