Short project needs image zooms at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 28th, 2008, 10:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Short project needs image zooms

Since the editor is not available for weeks I have to do an edit...Oh-O! Not very slick at using Vegas but need to give it a go. I need to do this in Vegas Pro 8c...
A client wants to introduce 4 staff in video.
BG will be in motion - I can handle that.
There will be a title and company logo - can do. This is the bit I am stuck on....

The four will all be small static images on the top of frame. In sequence and from the left they will zoom out to full 720 x 576 PAL size and say their thing in full motion, then zoom back to their original position up the top of frame where they are again static. Once each is back in position, the next image zooms out to full frame, says their thing then zooms back into position.

I would be really grateful if you could show me how to do this on a tute of a veg please.
TIA
Geoff Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

You can put the images on separate tracks and then use Track Motion and Keyframes to control creating the PIPs and resizing the images as needed. For more details, take a look at the first four issues of my newsletters.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thx Ed

I'm still stumped but thanks anyway
Geoff Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2008, 06:35 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Ok, take a look at those newsletters and I think it will make sense but here's a short review:

The one you bring up front will always need to be on the top-most track, so you can't just place them all on 4 tracks and do it. Here's an option for you:

Track 2: 1st image using Track Motion to place it in the proper place/size.
Track 3: 2nd image using Track Motion to place it in the proper place/size.
Track 4: 3rd image using Track Motion to place it in the proper place/size.
Track 5: 4th image using Track Motion to place it in the proper place/size.

Now do all the main work on Track 1:

All 4 images will be on this track. Do it like this:

k1 k2k3 k4k5k6 k7k8 k9k10k11

(don't know how the above will come out)

First keyframe (k1) will be the first image in the proper position. The second keyframe will be exactly the same. The third keyframe would be the first image full screen. The fourth would also be full screen. The fifth would then return back to the original location same as keyframe 1.

Now you'll switch to the second image. Keyframe 6 would be used to put the second image into the proper PIP location. Keyframe 7 would be the same as 6. Keyframes 8 and 9 would be full size. Then you go back to the image 2 location with keyframe 10 (same as keyframe 6).

Repeat for the other two images and you're done.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...