DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   CAmera not recognized in Vegas 8.0c (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/137489-camera-not-recognized-vegas-8-0c.html)

David Ruhland November 9th, 2008 07:49 PM

CAmera not recognized in Vegas 8.0c

I have been trying to capture Hi Def footage i took with my CAnon HV30 without much luck! I think i figured out its something in the settings, but not sure where they are. When i do a capture it defaults to Microsoft DV camera and VCR. How do i set it to capture the HDV footage?

And secondly, if i bring it in as HD can i out put it as Standard DV?

Thanks

Edward Troxel November 10th, 2008 08:04 AM

When you choose "File - Capture" it should pop up a box asking if you want DV or HDV unless you check the box "Never ask me again". If you did say "Never ask me again", you can get that back by starting Vegas while holding down CTRL-SHIFT which will reset it back to factory defaults (but you'll lose any preference changes you've made). Instead, just go into Options - Preferences and go to the Video tab. There you should find an option that says "Use external video capture application" which should be checked. UNCHECK tab box and it will then be set to capture using the "Internal" HDV capture app instead. Make sure the camera is set to output HDV as well.

Yes you can capture HDV, edit HDV, and output SD for DVD.

David Ruhland November 10th, 2008 07:33 PM

Device Not Available

Ed,

Im not clearly understanding your reply..

" just go into Options - Preferences and go to the Video tab. There you should find an option that says "Use external video capture application" which should be checked. UNCHECK tab box and it will then be set to capture using the "Internal" HDV capture app instead. Make sure the camera is set to output HDV as well."

i begin the capture process, i go into preferences and i see the "Use external video capture application" IT is checked...are u saying to uncheck this box? I have tried it both checked and uncheked and keep getting Device not available. When i click the drop down window i get AJA Video Device, and IEEE1394/MPEG-2TS Device, thats all.

Forgive me for not catching right on to this....

Seth Bloombaum November 11th, 2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Ruhland (Post 961956)
Im not clearly understanding your reply..

...i begin the capture process, i go into preferences and i see the "Use external video capture application" IT is checked...are u saying to uncheck this box? I have tried it both checked and uncheked and keep getting Device not available. When i click the drop down window i get AJA Video Device, and IEEE1394/MPEG-2TS Device, thats all...

External capture app = DV
Internal capture app = HDV

These prefs are set in Vegas options on the video tab, not in capture options. These are two separate applications for two formats - DV and HDV.

Probably what your system sees as IEE1394/MPEG-2TS Device is your HV30.

David Ruhland November 11th, 2008 05:38 AM

Okay, I was able to bring footage in , but now i have .m2t files.

Where do i go with M2t files? Do i render them to become a High Def file? What format? I guess im asking now what do i do?

Thanks for the hand holding! I appreciate it

Edward Troxel November 11th, 2008 07:49 AM

You drag them to the timeline and start editing. They *ARE* HD files.