Oh no, no audio after printing to tape. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 10th, 2008, 12:30 AM   #1
Major Player

Oh no, no audio after printing to tape.

I just did my 1st PTT. But playing back the tape I get no audio! I tried PTT from the timeline (taking longer since rendering has to be done as well), as well as a 2nd time PTT from a rendered file (rendered from the 1st attempt). Neither attempt gave me any audio.

I believe I selected the HDV 1060i/60 template, printing out to the Canon HV10. What step(s) did I miss?
Also, if I wanted to leave a HD copy of the file on the computer to watch, is AVI a good format to render it to?

Thank you,
Norris Combs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 07:57 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

HOW did you PTT? Did you just press Play on the timeline? If yes, you won't get audio because timeline playback sends the audio through the computer's speakers. If you do an actual PTT, though, you WILL get audio.

Go to Tools and then pick "Print Video to Tape" for DV or "Print Video to HDV Tape" for HDV.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Edward,
Yes, I did go through Tools and Print to HDV Tape. When I get home today, I will list the exact steps I took, hopefully you or someone else can point out what I missed.

Thanks,
Norris Combs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #4
Inner Circle

silly possibility #1 - track mute...
silly possibility #2 - I believe most of the render options have audio disabled by default - is there a checkbox under "custom" for the audio like in the render dialog boxes?
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #5
Regular Crew

You know what's weird?

This just happened to me for the first time today as well! I have been using Vegas for years, and have never had that happen until today. I canceled the PTT checked to make sure nothing was muted, saved everything, shut everything down, rebooted, and then it worked fine.

Maybe there is some date based Trojan written into Vegas that doesn’t let you print to tape today?
Chuck Pullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Pullen View Post
This just happened to me for the first time today as well! I have been using Vegas for years, and have never had that happen until today. I canceled the PTT checked to make sure nothing was muted, saved everything, shut everything down, rebooted, and then it worked fine.

Maybe there is some date based Trojan written into Vegas that doesn’t let you print to tape today?

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Chuck, I think you nailed it. I did the PTT again just now, taking the same steps as I did last night. Came out fine, video and audio. Thanks,
Norris Combs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...