DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   vegas and ex series cameras (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/137509-vegas-ex-series-cameras.html)

Ian Planchon November 10th, 2008 08:57 AM

vegas and ex series cameras

anyone have that match? I am interested to know how smooth everything is.

Perrone Ford November 10th, 2008 09:18 AM

Open clip in Clipbroswer > export MXF > open clip in Vegas > edit

Couldn't be simpler.

Ian Planchon November 10th, 2008 10:00 AM

I dont have the gear yet, so I wasnt able to test it out. but it works pretty well then?
I was hearing that the extra software you have to run slows it down a bit. but it sounds like that might not be the case?

Perrone Ford November 10th, 2008 10:24 AM

Extra software? Not sure what you mean. I've been editing my EX1 stuff since July using the method I just described. I'm loading up a 2 hour project right now as I am typing this. Not sure what extra software there would be.

Ian Planchon November 10th, 2008 11:12 AM

maybe I heard wrong, but I thought clip browser was an external application, so having to open that, run your clips from that to vegas was what I was talking about.

I thought you could just plug the camera in, and pull the clips straight to vegas.

Perrone Ford November 10th, 2008 11:38 AM

Oh,

Nope you can't. That's why my workflow in the first message indicated the clipbrowser.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Planchon (Post 961781)
maybe I heard wrong, but I thought clip browser was an external application, so having to open that, run your clips from that to vegas was what I was talking about.

I thought you could just plug the camera in, and pull the clips straight to vegas.

Ian Planchon November 10th, 2008 12:42 PM

but you obviously seem to think it works well. so thats good to know. thanks.

Paul Kellett November 10th, 2008 01:46 PM

Ian, you need to get the footage from the EX1 memory card onto your pc to edit.
Either use windows, ie go to "my computer" find the memory card, "right click" > copy to internal or external hard-drive.
Or open clip browser, find the memory card and copy, with clip browser, from the card to the pc. No difference really between the 2 methods except that clip browser can check that the footage has copied correctly, before you erase the memory card.

You can either copy the raw files form the card to the pc, then rewrapp the files into mxf from the hard drive destination to another hard drive destination, this means that you'll always have the raw files from the camera, or, you can rewrap to mxf straight from the card to the hard drive in one go.

I was once in the position that you are, ie, trying to work out the workflow without the camera and cards and clip browser in front of me, once i had everything though it all became so clear.

Paul.