DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Contour ShuttlePro v2 with Vegas 8 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/137569-contour-shuttlepro-v2-vegas-8-a.html)

Chris Barnes November 11th, 2008 07:24 AM

Contour ShuttlePro v2 with Vegas 8

I bought a shuttlePRO v2 and when I tried to install I could not find Vegas 8 as a target application. On the cd that came with it, it only went to Vegas 6. I went to the Contour Design website and could only find Vegas 7. Can this be used? Do I have to customize the settings to work with Vegas 8? I tried the Vegas 7, but got no movement within a sample clip using the ShuttlePro. I thought there would be more directions with the unit. I am a little lost after hearing how much this tool would help. I think I really need it!

Mike Kujbida November 11th, 2008 09:12 AM

Open ShuttlePro2 Control Panel (i.e. click the icon in system tray and select "Open Control Panel").
Choose "Options - Import Settings".
Navigate to your Sony app directory (std: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 8.0) and select the appropriate prefs-file.

If you're running Vista 64, check out the Vista 64 & Contour Shuttle Pro2 thread for some "gotchas".

Chris Barnes November 11th, 2008 12:00 PM

Thanks, Mike,

I will try it as soon as I get home.

Chris

Chris Barnes November 13th, 2008 07:34 AM

It worked!

Mike,

Thanks for your help. Tried it and I am up and running.

Thanks again,

Chris

Mike Kujbida November 13th, 2008 08:08 AM

Glad to hear that Chris.
Now all you have to do is configure it :-)

Chris Swanberg November 20th, 2008 01:14 AM

I don't have the Pro but the Express. Using the software from the Countour site I got it run fine on Vista 64. But what I want to know is how other users are configuring their Shuttles, Pro or Express. I had no trouble in figuring out settings for the shuttle and scrubber, but as for the buttons, what are people setting up for Vegas and why? Thanks for any ideas guys.

Paul Fierlinger November 20th, 2008 10:45 AM

The Shuttle buttons I have setup and use the most are the one that plays and stops without returning to the first frame and another button that plays and does return to the start frame.

I made a button to render and playback a preview WMV of a selection with one click.

I made one button to move a clip one layer up and another button to move the clip back into place.

I'm not at my Vegas computer but these are the ones I remember and use the most.

Dave Blackhurst November 20th, 2008 03:43 PM

Hmmmm...

My general setup is still evolving, but what I find is I program a button to do any function you find you have to reach for KBD or mouse to do...

start/stop, as well as the start/stop and return to start point (whatever the technical name is), split (for editing on the timeline) delete (select with mouse hit button to delete clips just split)... UNDO (sadly all too obvious why...). I'm fiddling with the presets (the stock ones that are preprogrammed) jump to marker, and I'm sure there are some other things I'll eventually add.

My goal is to eliminate the KBD almost entirely, mouse in right hand on chair arm, Shuttle on left chair arm, lean back and edit in relaxed mode!

Ron Evans November 20th, 2008 08:28 PM

I have my Shuttle set for split all tracks, start and stop ( and return) delete highlighted clip, ripple edit on delete and have the buttons set the same so that it doesn't matter if I am in Vegas or Edius they do the same things. There are others like set marker, disable clip, remove filter, save etc. For Edius I also have a button set to go in and out of multicam mode.

Ron Evans

Greg Boston November 20th, 2008 09:36 PM

Does anyone know how I can set up the jog wheel to emulate scrubbing with audio? I haven't been able to crack that egg just yet.

regards,

-gb-

Edward Troxel November 21st, 2008 08:06 AM

I believe if you use the outside wheel you WILL get audio but if you use the inside wheel you won't.

Ed Sharpe April 21st, 2009 02:32 AM

mine still does not work with vegas 8

have shuttle pro v2 tried the import.... no items show in menu except the old ones... still does not work... help??