HD monitors at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 11th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #1
Major Player

HD monitors

wanted to get a feel for what everyone is using when editing HD on their computer.

is it just an HD computer monitor as the secondary? a dual monitor setup and a HD monitor as the third?

I need to get one and want to see what everyone else is doin.
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2008, 10:06 AM   #2
Major Player

Between my wife and myself we have six Asus AL2416W wide screen, 24 inch monitors, which we bought at the same time. Within two years every one of them has failed and had to be returned for warranty service and two of these monitors have been returned already a second time. Asus is actually a decent company to deal with; they have been honoring all their obligations in an efficient and timely fashion -- the monitors just stink so I suggest avoiding these.

I use all three monitors to stretch Vegas across their entire length and the third, right one, I double as a secondary monitor to preview on occasions my projects at full screen. My projects are around 80 minutes, therefore the need for three monitors. I don't really need the secondary viewer that often since the Vegas default preview window plays well at any comfortable size I desire -- usually covering about a quarter of the area of one monitor. My projects are HD 720p. I make much use of the Shuttle Pro 2 and a 12 inch Wacom tablet. I also use all three monitors to work with an animation program, which I have running at the same time as Vegas and switch between the two all day long.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...