Help Please! Error DVDA Bitrate Too Low?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 15th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Help Please! Error DVDA Bitrate Too Low??

Hi,
I cannot make a DVD in DVDA due to the following Error Messages. I am using Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 2 and DVDA 5.0

!Track 1 'Video' in 'Menu 1' Cannot be recompressed because its bit rate is too low.
!Track 1 'Video' in 'Road Trip' Cannot be recompressed because its bit rate is too low.
(i)The video Road Trip.m2t' on track 2 'Video' in 'Road Trip' will be compressed.
(i)The audio of Track 1 of 'Road Trip' will be compressed.

The bit rate shows 8,000 in the Optimize Disc window. I am also getting these same messages when trying to make a DVD on "all" of my previous projects in DVDA that had no errors before and burned successfully. Those projects ranged anywhere from ten minutes to sixty minutes in length.

In the help menu it states the following;
When the bit rate of a video is too low, it may not play back properly on some players. Recompress with a higher bit rate.

Select the title in the Optimize Disc dialog and click the Video tab.

Select the Recompress box, click the button, and choose Yes from the menu.

Select the Use default bit rate box, click the button, and choose Yes from the menu to recompress using the project's default bit rate.

Yes is already checked in the menus, therefore there wasn't any changes that I could make. So now, I'm at a dead end on what to do to correct these two errors.
I don't understand why it's showing two different files, due to only having one project.
I also rendered a 30 second event (clip) in Vegas as MainConcept MPEG2 with the Template as DVD Architect NTSC Widescreen Video Stream which I called Test just to see what would happen in DVDA. I got the same results. In DVDA I dragged my 30 second Test render from Vegas into the menu window, then tried to burn. The following is what is showing with that one;

!Track 1 'Video' in 'Menu 1' Cannot be recompressed because its bit rate is too low.
!Track 1 'Video' in 'Test' Cannot be recompressed because its bit rate is too low.
(i)The audeo on track 1 of 'Test" will be compressed.

I've tried everything I could think of. I even reinstalled DVDA. I also raised the bit rate to 9,800 which didn't help. Your expertise in helping me would be most appreciated. Thank you, Ray
Ray Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 02:32 AM   #2
Old Boot

Sorry to ask the obvious, but is your 8,000 in bps?

My min on MPEG2 for MC is 198,000 bps? And there you go: "I also raised the bit rate to 9,800 " - So it WOULD appear you are using a very very low bit rate?

So, do you REALLY mean 8,000 bps? Do you? Are we talking 8,000 bps? In which case that could be your problem!

What happens when you put it up to 8,000,000 bps?

Grazie

Last edited by Graham Bernard; November 16th, 2008 at 02:44 AM. Reason: formatting
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 07:51 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi,
Thanks for replying back. I am desperately trying to find out what the problem is. Looking in my "Optimize Disc" window it states in the lower left corner; Default video bitrate (Mbps) 8,000. It also shows the same under the "Video 1 Tab." I raised it all the way to 9,800 and still no results. I appreciate the help, Ray
Old November 16th, 2008, 08:09 AM   #4
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Paula View Post
Hi,
Thanks for replying back. I am desperately trying to find out what the problem is. Looking in my "Optimize Disc" window it states in the lower left corner; Default video bitrate (Mbps) 8,000. It also shows the same under the "Video 1 Tab." I raised it all the way to 9,800 and still no results. I appreciate the help, Ray

Well, it can't be 8,000 (Mbps) it CAN be 8.000 (Mbps) - the "comma" makes a big difference? Are you entering a "comma", if so I have NO idea what poor DVDA would make of it?!??

The way I'm reading this is that you are asking for 8 GIGABITS ( ie a 1k x factor) per second? - I think?

Grazie
Old November 16th, 2008, 08:12 AM   #5
Old Boot

Anyways, I do all my video - AVI > MPEG - encoding in Vegas, and be done!

Grazie
Old November 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi,
Sorry, it is a . not a comma I typed it wrong in the post. I also do everything in Vegas then bring my rendered video into DVDA. I then drag it into the menu window and go to burn. Always has been simple, until now. I don't believe it has anything to do with what I'm doing inVegas because i have other video's in DVDA that "used" I was able to burn without any problems. Now, I get the same error messages with those. I'd like to add that I do appreciate all your help. Thanks, Ray
Old November 16th, 2008, 10:58 AM   #7
Old Boot

Ray, no problem.

I haven't been much help, have I.

Is your DVDA project set up to match the media?

Sorry, I've run out of ideas . . ..

Grazie
Old November 16th, 2008, 11:03 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Hi,
Hey, I appreciate any and all ideas. I just rendered a 10 second video clip in vegas and went to burn it in DVDA and still got the
same results. I'm at my wits end. Tahnks again, Ray
Old November 21st, 2008, 12:01 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Hi,
Well I tried and tried with no luck. I did a System Restore and all is good now. All I can think of is that there was some sort of file missing somewhere. Ahhh....... Computers. Thanks for trying to help and as always it's very much appreciated. Ray
Ray Paula is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...