Is there an easy way to combine elements from multiple projects into one? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM   #1
Major Player

Is there an easy way to combine elements from multiple projects into one?

Is there an easy way in Vegas Pro 8 to combine projects without having to render project separately and inputting into a new project?

I typically work on small projects 2-10 minutes in length throughout the year. I'd like to be able to combine a number of these projects into a single file showing highlights of the year. I put each of my source files and project files into sub folders on a HDD, so they are neatly organized but each project is typically in separate folders and sometimes on separate HDD's.
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #2
Inner Circle

You can import the .veg file for each finaled project into a new project, and drop them on the time line just like a clip. Is that what you are asking ? But to me, it makes sense just to pull the final rendered file into the new one. Reduces the complexity and potential for error.
Old November 17th, 2008, 12:37 PM   #3
Trustee

2 ways.
Either open vegas, then go to the explorer window, find the folder with the projects, open it and just drag the projects onto the timeline.

Or.

Open vegas, open a project, then open another vegas, (don't close the first vegas), open the 2nd project in the 2nd vegas, copy all the clips in vegas 2 and paste in vegas 1, close that project in vegas 2, open another project in vegas 2, copy and paste into vegas 1, etc etc, you get the idea.

Paul.
Old November 17th, 2008, 01:23 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Roger, you have been given great tips. As with many things in Vegas there are multiple ways to do what you wish.

For more flexibility with your final combined project, you can also select all & copy and go into your new project and right click on the timeline and paste. It works perfectly, but you will see that when you paste your subsequent projects you should paste on the topmost video track line if there are more than one track involved.

After you have pasted everything, you can then use auto-ripple to tighten up the arrangement on the timeline by dragging.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks guys, I have my work cut out for me tonight.
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #6
Major Player

I gave it a go and used both rendered bits and .veg files and it worked great. Thanks guys.
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...