Transition Issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 18th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Transition Issue

I know this may seem basic but I can't seem to sort this out.

When I am using auto-crossfades I have the transition go black as apposed to being a more transparent crossfade. I do not like the going black inbetween!! I only want a simple crossfade like you see in adobe, or build by using two tracks and altering the opacity of time as the two clips overlap to make it exactly how you would want it. It has to be something easy I have merssed up.

Also for some reason I can't bring up the window that would allow me to mess with it to alter it aspects.

thanks for the help.
Old November 18th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #2
Inner Circle

it sounds like there is a small gap between clips. To get a cross disolve in Vegas simply pull the clip on the right to the left over the clip on the left and pul it as far as you want the disolve to be. You can also butt the clips together and place the cursor over that spot and using the the "/" key on the number pad it will give you a 1 second disolve.
HTHs

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
You can also butt the clips together and place the cursor over that spot and using the the "/" key on the number pad it will give you a 1 second dissolve.
That is a tip that will come in very handy for both me and my students!!
Thanks Don.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 03:03 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Thanks,

I got it: I grabbed the top left of the clip edge pulled to the side, then drug the entire clip on the right to the left for that duration and it worked!!! problem solved!!!

what I did not recognise was that if I just pulled the top it did the black out and I needed to bring the clip across the other of the overlap.

Still have not made the full move from adobe!! working on it and I really enjoy vegas, just a diffferent work flow to get used to!!

thanks again!!
Old November 18th, 2008, 03:39 PM   #5
Inner Circle

no problem Mike and Dale. Just tell me where to send the bill ;-) (hey, times are tight)

O|O
\__/

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...