DVDA question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 20th, 2008, 02:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVDA question

The wedding that im doing at the moment requires that i have the whole day and also a 15 to 20min highlight edit. Here's my problem. I’ve rendered each section separately and have them linked together in DVDA. For example the morning end action, is set to the church and so on for the main edit. For the highlight i want to use some of the same clips but put them in a different order. Is this possible or would i have to bring the same files in again?
Niall Megahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Inner Circle

if I understand your question correctly my question to you is why not edit the highlight in your NLE and then bring that in after rendering to the proper bitrate. DVDA is anything but an editor.
My workflow is to edit each section of the wedding seperately in Vegas. Then I render each section to AVI, stitch all the AVIs together in Vegas, figure out my bitrate and then render each section to MPG and AC3. Now when I bring them into DVDA everything is done except to set the end actions to point to the proper section of the video.
In case you're wondering why I render to AVI first it makes it very easy to make any changes that might have to be done later and I don't have to rerender the entire project since DVDA has 'smart render' it will only render and prepare the new version.
HTHs
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...