Audio keeps going away at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Audio keeps going away

Hi.

I am trying to edit some footage in Vegas Pro 8 and my audio works good one minute and then stops the next. I have not clicked anything to turn audio off. I skip through my footage and it just stops playing. The footage still playes but I get no audio.
I am editing my usual footage from my camcorder and never had this problem before.

Any ideas on how to fix this?.

Thanks guys.
Matthew Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #2
Inner Circle

First, bring up the mixer, so you can see if you are getting a read as you play the clip or timeline.

I noted that I had trouble with earlier versions in XP with a playing clips in the tirmmer... they played much lower than on the timeline. I am now editing in Vista, and don't seem to have the problem. Might well be a setting I missed there.

Is it also possible you have the levels reduced on the time line when you start out, or that you have a volume envelope established, that reduces the sound. You could possibly have the envelope selected and have dragged it down by mistake. You could open a new audio track and drag your audio to that track, and see if that makes a difference.
Old November 20th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I brought up the Audio preview mixer and I get no signal at all. All the volumes are turned up and nothing. If I exit Vegas and then go back into my footage again, the audio works then shuts off if I start to edit or move my timeline selecter along the screen.

I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit and have had no issues at all, until today. I checked my origanal footage in windows media player and Nero and the audio is fine. Vegas is causing the problem.
Old November 20th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #4
Inner Circle

just a thought. Press the "B" button on the keyboard-that's the master audio and see if there's an envelope hanging around there. It happens every now and then when fingers go to fast and we hit a button without realizing it. B for the master track and V give and envelope and it might be there is a point there and it's set to inf.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Just tried that and one part of my footage had audio and then it also stopped working.
This is so strange a problem. This is literally the first time Vegas has caused any bother.
Old November 20th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #6
Major Player

if you are using XP, try loading a video/audio codec pack for xp, I would, after that, uninstall vegas and reinstall. it only takes a few minutes. Vegas does act up sometimes, seems for no reason, also go into control panel,system,device manager, see if there is a conflict,
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...