sfk files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 25th, 2008, 08:21 PM   #1
Major Player

sfk files

why are these showing up in my video files?? its gettng kinda old seeing video files, and then the sfk files side by side. it isnt a huge deal, but I hate looking at it...hahaha.
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 02:21 AM   #2
Inner Circle

SFK files contain the the waveform image of the wav audio present in your avi files. They also occur with plain wav files. They are quite safe to delete but you will then have to go through the process of the waveform being rebuilt each time you open the file in Vegas (or Sound Forge).

I believe you can suppress the waveforms automatically being built by selecting 'Build peaks for visible events only' in the Preferences tab. This means waveform images won't be created until the media is visible on the timeline. This will allow projects to be opened more quickly (but may result in short pauses each time you make media visible on the timeline).

They are only small files so unless you really can't stand looking at them in Explorer I suggest you leave them as they are.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 03:48 AM   #3
Trustee

If you don't want to look at the skf files when vegas is open, go into the explorer window, top right, and you'll see a "view" button, you can select the option to not show all files, select that and only the video files will show up not the skf files.

Paul.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...