Audio Velocity at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 25th, 2008, 11:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Audio Velocity

How do I make the audio match the speed of the video? I am speeding up the clip and want the audio to have that high pitched fast sound to it.

Thanks
John
John Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 12:59 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Unfortunately, there is no audio velocity envelope available, so far as I know. That would be the coolest, and a nice match for keeping up with video tracks modified with a velocity envelope.

What we do have is time stretch. This can be accessed from clip properties, or by control-dragging an end of your audio. This doesn't give you the nice ramping you get with velocity envelope on the video track. Instead, you have to split the audio track, assign different playback speeds to each split segment (now a clip, or event), and if you want a velocity ramp, you have to build it out of little slices.
Seth Bloombaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 02:28 AM   #3
Inner Circle

you can use "amazing slowdowner" or another utility (free) (i have to check name).
amazing slowdowner use cursors in real time, so if you record what you hear, you can even make speed ramp manually.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 11:06 PM   #4

Giroud, I'd be curious about the utility you mention. I have a VSO utility made for VST, but it's always been choppy, so I use the pitch bend in Sound Forge combined with a stretch. It works reasonably well, but not as nice as a true VSO
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #5
Inner Circle

the software is called BestPractice
BestPractice, an open-source audio time-stretching tool for Windows
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...