3 monitors on a Mac Pro running Vegas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 5th, 2008, 01:14 AM   #1
Major Player

3 monitors on a Mac Pro running Vegas

OK, I am getting a Mac Pro and will be running a copy of Vegas by way of bootcamp on Vista 64 bit. Same as my MacBook Pro... Works awsome!!

Here is what I would like to do...

Dual 24" monitors for editing running off the 8800GT which is already in the Mac Pro this is simple.

Now I would like to add a 46-52inch LCD HDTV and use as secondary Monitor Preview in Vegas and my timeline will be 1920x1080p as I am shooting with an EX1. 1080p by way of HDMI is what I am looking for.

Choices-

1. Blackmagick Intensity Pro - others have said this works and even in 1080p. Does it really?

2. Add another PCI express video card which has HDMI out to the Mac Pro and set this card to output 1920x1080p for the LCD HDTV setup within Vegas as the secondary monitor.

Is this possible and if so what suggestions does anyone have to achieve this?

I have searched all the threads and most of them do not have solid answers and are dated back in 2007.

Any advice would be appreciated
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 07:37 AM   #2
Major Player

I've got something similar. 2 Dell 24's and a 42" 1080p panel running via Intensity (not Pro as I only wanted HDMI out/in).

Makes not a bit of difference to your preview playback.
Lets you see what your colour correction looks like on a big screen (everything seems much more subtle on the larger screen)

Make sure and mount your big screen, well back. I am wishing I could set mine back about a foot or more behind the 24's as you can end up having to crick your neck.
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks! The Intensity it is then, Just got the Mac Pro today.
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...