The Silent Woman feature movie. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 11th, 2008, 06:19 PM   #1
Inner Circle

The Silent Woman feature movie.

After 3 years in production the SW premiere is tonight Friday 12! With plugs on Sydney radio its gone from one screening to showings over this weekend. Play the trailer and prod stills.

The Silent Woman Movie | Robbert Smit Darren Powell

It was shot HiDef and edited using Vegas pro 8c. I spent some time in their editing suite, these guys really pushed the boundaries of Vegas to the very limit. There were 150 soundtracks mixed down in groups of 20 to 5.1 surround. They're using Vegas beta add ons and it's for digital theatre release.

The U-boat animation was done in California and I recorded the sound fx for the sub in ferry engine rooms on Sydney Harbour.

Look forward to seeing it finished and the reviews, exciting times for the cast and production crew.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
The Silent Woman feature movie.-dcharge_5sec_60mdp-medium-.jpg  
Allan Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 02:24 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Excellent! Great to see something of this scale being created with Vegas.

It adds a ton more credence to the argument that it doesn't matter what NLE you use - it's what you put in, coupled with your vision and editing nous that counts. Hopefully it will go some way to quietening the 'my NLE is better than yours' arguments, that serve no purpose and get in the way of real movie making.

I struggled a bit to tie the content of the trailer in with the synopsis but it all looks first class (except perhaps the still of the sub in the middle of the action packed trailer! The waves aren't moving!). Those are tiny observations and I don't want to appear uncharitable - the whole thing looks terrific, and a great story idea too.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
It adds a ton more credence to the argument that it doesn't matter what NLE you use - it's what you put in, coupled with your vision and editing nous that counts. Hopefully it will go some way to quietening the 'my NLE is better than yours' arguments, that serve no purpose and get in the way of real movie making.
Agreed Ian, the producer and director are 1st. class story tellers who happened to select Vegas. SW is 90 minutes, 16:9 and 5:1 DTS surround, slated for Cannes and DVD release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
I struggled a bit to tie the content of the trailer in with the synopsis but it all looks first class (except perhaps the still of the sub in the middle of the action packed trailer! The waves aren't moving!). Those are tiny observations and I don't want to appear uncharitable - the whole thing looks terrific, and a great story idea too.
Yep it is :) The U-boat animation was the last sequence completed with no time to include some in the trailer before the premiere. They may update that, and they're well along with preparation for their next feature. Next year there should be a few articles about their work.

Cheers.
Allan Black is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...