How to delete a transition i SVMSP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 27th, 2008, 03:50 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How to delete a transition i SVMSP

Hello

I've been using different videoediting programs for years now, but I've got a stupid problem now. How to delete a transition in Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum? I have tried a lots of solutions, but I cannot find out how to delete a transition from the video track. Need advice here.....

Leif
Leif Skoglund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi Leif. Not sure exactly what you are asking, so will take a guess at a few possibilities.

Do you have one clip with a transition at the end? If so, you will see a line at the start of the transition (or end, depending on which end of the clip has the transition). This line sets the duration of the transition, so if you drag the line to the end of the clip, the duration will become zero.

Or do you have 2 clips with a transition between them? You can easily drag the end of each clip until they no longer overlap, so no more transition. Or you can drag the whole clip if it's timeline position is not critical. As long as there is an overlap there will be a transition, so if you don't want a transition, just make sure there is no overlap.

Or do you want to change a fancy transition to a plain dissolve? By right-clicking on the transition itself you will see a small menu. Select Transition/Insert Crossfade and it will change to a dissolve.

Or if you mean none of the above, can you please post again to clarify? A bit more detail would help.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 12:50 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello and thanks for the answer
I was asking about how to "delete" a transition between two clips You gave me the answer above here.

Leif
Leif Skoglund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 03:41 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Don't overlap the clips and there won't be a transition.

Now for a larger question: If you have an overlap that you've put a transition on and you want it back to a crossfade instead, click on the transition and press the "/" key on the numeric keypad.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...