Graphics card for HD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 7th, 2009, 10:26 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Graphics card for HD

Is Using and I7 920 with 8 gigs adequate to run hd in vegas. Will be hdv from xlh1.

will a radeon hd 3450 be adequate as a graphics card?

Last edited by Dale Guthormsen; January 7th, 2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: altered info
Dale Guthormsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Vegas does not use the accelerator (GPU) on graphics cards, so get as much CPU and RAM as you can afford. Make sure you have fast drives too. RAID is always a good thing.
Old January 7th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Dale, I run that card, it is fine. But if you plan on using MB Looks with Vegas you would want an NVidia card for optimum performance. You would go to their website to see which cards are supported.

If you're sure you are NOT going to use MB Looks, than just as Perrone says it doesn't matter.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Jeff,

Are you talking about MB Looks inside Vegas, or the Full Suite running outside of Vegas? I am about to buy a hot graphics card for my machine, and am wondering if I will get preview speed enhancement and MB Looks enhancement with the Vegas plug-in.
Old January 7th, 2009, 12:47 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Perrone, I don't know if the version that came with Vegas 7 is helped by cards or not, it might be....but I am talking about the MB Looks you buy from Red Giant. Apparently with the right card there can be a difference in performance. I do know that when using the trial of MB Looks I was told at one point my graphics card didn't support a feature, though I forget what feature that was.

There are people around here that would know the specifics better than I. I only use the freebie version.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...