DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   OT: Excalibur on 1/2 price sale at Digital Juice (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/143031-ot-excalibur-1-2-price-sale-digital-juice.html)

Mike Kujbida February 4th, 2009 08:09 AM

OT: Excalibur on 1/2 price sale at Digital Juice

If you've ever thought about buying this tool, now's the time to do it because it's only $64.98.
Get the details on the Digital Juice site.
Versions for Vegas 8 & 8.1 Pro as well as Pro 6/7 are avalable.

Ian Stark February 5th, 2009 02:08 AM

Thanks for the tip, Mike.

I feel a tiny bit guilty as I have been meaning to buy Excalibur for a while (sorry Edward!). Having said that, my main reason for purchase is actually only for a few of the tools (gap removal, some of the maintenance tools etc) and I guess I was a bit reluctant to spend $130 on just the few tools I wanted. But there's no arguing with the DJ price. This is excellent value for money and I hope others who might be procrastinating over whether to buy Excalibur or not, like I was, decide to take advantage.

Dale Guthormsen February 5th, 2009 04:32 PM

I went to the digital juice factory, Excaliber is "Back Ordered" Now, how can a
downloadable piece of software be back ordered???

Half price is a great deal if you are willing to wait, I reckon..??

Mike Kujbida February 5th, 2009 05:18 PM

Dale, I agree that that is very strange.
I ordered it yesterday and got my number in less than 10 minutes.
I'd email them and ask what's going on.
It could be that Edward Troxel (the author) has been swamped with orders and is having a hard time keeping up with generating serial numbers :-)

Edward Troxel February 6th, 2009 07:28 AM

I just sent them a new list of keys. I'm sure it won't be "back ordered" much longer.

Seth Bloombaum February 6th, 2009 10:44 AM

Edward, it's a very fine product. I hadn't updated since several versions ago, but yesterday was faced with repurposing a lengthy timeline with numerous markers & regions - nothing could be simpler than a quick delete and new markers on 10 minute intervals for a raw footage DVD menu... with Excalibur. An otherwise tedious task now made simple & fast.

Which is perhaps not the sexiest application or function, but I really appreciate the thought you've given to workflow. To my way of thinking, improving workflow is more valuable than any effect. And thanks also for recognizing the ease-of-use improvements that running as an extension offers - very slick integration indeed.

Andy Todzia February 6th, 2009 03:52 PM

Help

I just purchased Excalibur and installed it in Vegas 8.1. Now, when I browse in explorer I don't see .mov files. When I try to move an MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 file to the timeline I get an unsupported file format message. I uninstalled Excalibur and everything is fine again. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Andy Todzia February 6th, 2009 04:37 PM

Help - fixed

I tried re-installing Excalibur and now I can see my mov files again and move files to the timeline without getting error messages. Not sure what happened but it is OK now.

Dale Guthormsen February 6th, 2009 07:10 PM

Good evening,

In both 8.0c and 8.1 I found if I go to IMPORT the Mov files and such are brought in fine. when I used the explorer window it says unsupported format. figure that one out.

Edward Troxel February 7th, 2009 08:58 AM

Andy, I'm glad you got things working. Because of the way Excalibur works, I don't see how it could possibly prevent any files from being added to the timeline. Not doubting what you said but just trying to figure out how it could possibly have been involved. It doesn't do anything at all related to codecs except read what renderers/templates are available.

Danny Fye February 7th, 2009 09:35 AM

Bad Advice on Page 9 in the manual?

2 Attachment(s)
On page 9 of the manual it says, “At this point you may wish to trim off unnecessary footage at the start and end of the project. To delete an unwanted section
at the beginning of your project, place your cursor at the proper start point and drag out a time selection to the left, back to
the beginning of the timeline. Hit Ctrl/Shift/A to deselect all, then hit delete, then Ctrl/F.”

Well, if I do that, I start with this: (File Ex-1.jpg)

And end up with this: (File Ex-2.jpg)

Not what one would want is it?

Danny Fye
VidMus Video - Music Productions

Edward Troxel February 7th, 2009 09:39 AM

Ok, what's happening here is that you're deleting the track motion keyframe when you delete the footage. If you're syncing manually, you can delete the front part BEFORE running the sync tool. Or you can be careful to NOT delete the track motion keyframe.

Chris Barcellos February 7th, 2009 10:33 AM

Ed:

Thanks for this interesting production. Bought it, as well as did a friend of mine....Now to take the time to learn how to save time.... Already saw how we will have fun with the "stutter effect".

Joe Robinson February 11th, 2009 09:20 PM

looks like I discovered this deal too late... :-(

i don\'t see it at DigitalJuice

Dale Guthormsen February 15th, 2009 02:12 PM

Question

Good afternoon,

Well, I got excaliber and thought I would start out with something easy and useful, video scrapbook.

I printed up the manual for reference, looked this up and clicked on the button as the instructions dictate. Nothing happens.

am I missing something real basic??

I already have the stills on the timeline.

How does one apply it to the time line I guess is the question.

thanks