magic bullet looks - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 9th, 2009, 08:34 PM   #16
Major Player

ahhh, that makes sense.

thanks for trying. im glad tech support figured it out though!
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:30 PM   #17
Major Player

ok, I am officially a huge fan of this program! man, I am so glad its working now.
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:35 AM   #18
Major Player

Hi Ian,

I am currently having major difficulties running/installing MB Looks. I had the suite in my old PC, and now I'm trying to run in it in my upgraded PC. So far, no go.

I've been running the Adobe NLE (CS2 old version) and MB Suite together, and have worked amazing in my old Dell. But since I've upgraded to an i7 system (with a geforce 9800 GT card, running XPPro 32bit, and the same Adobe CS2), I've yet to make it work.

FWIW, Red Giant tech support have been emailing me suggestions, but none have worked so far. (Might need to start calling 'em up soon, cause I need to start working!)

What was Red Giant's solution for you?
Old February 10th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Anselmo View Post
Hi Ian,

I am currently having major difficulties running/installing MB Looks. I had the suite in my old PC, and now I'm trying to run in it in my upgraded PC. So far, no go.

I've been running the Adobe NLE (CS2 old version) and MB Suite together, and have worked amazing in my old Dell. But since I've upgraded to an i7 system (with a geforce 9800 GT card, running XPPro 32bit, and the same Adobe CS2), I've yet to make it work.

FWIW, Red Giant tech support have been emailing me suggestions, but none have worked so far. (Might need to start calling 'em up soon, cause I need to start working!)

What was Red Giant's solution for you?
it was a long complicated process, and in the end, I have NO idea what they did to make it work. he kept sending me the same link to download the program, I would uninstall the old program files and re-install using the link he would send. then all of a sudden, it installed.

will yours even load the program? mine would load the setup files, then I would run the setup, as it was "installing" it would crap out. is that similar?
Old February 10th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Planchon View Post
it was a long complicated process, and in the end, I have NO idea what they did to make it work. he kept sending me the same link to download the program, I would uninstall the old program files and re-install using the link he would send. then all of a sudden, it installed.

will yours even load the program? mine would load the setup files, then I would run the setup, as it was "installing" it would crap out. is that similar?
Hi Ian,

Initially, Magic Bullet Suite (Colorista, Instant HD, Frames) installed and loaded up fine with my new PC, EXCEPT MB Looks! Like you, it'd start to load the setup files, tried to run, then stop, and have a Microsoft message saying,"encountered a problem and needs to stop."

Red Giant tech seemed like they'd send me a different zip file (first, they sent me a file for Adobe CS3, instead of for use with my old Adobe CS2). Tried loading 'em but partial success (MisFire would show up, but still no Looks). They sent me some registry files to add, but I'm not real technically inclined, so don't know if I did that right. Hmmm.
Old February 10th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #21
Trustee

More MB Problems

I was happily using Quick Looks - and then I started getting a "unable to create suitable frame for LooksBuilder message". It was sporadic. I uninstalled & reinstalled - and now I can't get the plug-in manager to recognize MB at all. Initially there was no problem with this. The stand alone version still works for jpeg.

When I called Red Giant support - he (John) suggested that the default install directory (c/program files/magic bullet...) didn't sound right and he thought it should be in a Sony directory. Have tried all kinds of configurations and have removed and reinstalled many times.
I tried getting back to support, but I think I'm out in the cold - and have searched extensively for other help to no avail.

Can anyone tell me where MBL or MBQL is installed???

TIA
Old February 10th, 2009, 07:54 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Diewert View Post
I was happily using Quick Looks - and then I started getting a "unable to create suitable frame for LooksBuilder message". It was sporadic. I uninstalled & reinstalled - and now I can't get the plug-in manager to recognize MB at all. Initially there was no problem with this. The stand alone version still works for jpeg.

When I called Red Giant support - he (John) suggested that the default install directory (c/program files/magic bullet...) didn't sound right and he thought it should be in a Sony directory. Have tried all kinds of configurations and have removed and reinstalled many times.
I tried getting back to support, but I think I'm out in the cold - and have searched extensively for other help to no avail.

Can anyone tell me where MBL or MBQL is installed???

TIA

tech support had me install to the program files. I would fill out the tech support form, the tech really went above and beyond for me, replied at least 9 times in under an hour. it was great. of course, it was a pain at the time because I just wanted it to work.
Old February 11th, 2009, 01:21 AM   #23
Major Player

Hi Ken,

Sorry to hear about your Looks problem. Seems like we're in the same boat (but different NLEs). Red Giant tech Jeremy replied to me the same day I filed my support form; he gave me some solutions, additional downloads, including registry files, but still no MB Looks.

I've actually just finished doing a clean re-install of XPPro. After I've loaded up the drivers and updates, I'm going to install Adobe CS2, Cineform Prospect, and finally the MB Suite (and the rest of the other apps, like TMPGEnc).

Will let y'all know how it goes; wish me luck!
Old February 11th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #24
Trustee

Jeff,

Well, now I'm fixed. Interestingly my original problem was likely caused by not having the play head in Vegas in the middle of the clip in the timeline. It seems simple but Jeremy (at Red Giant) pointed this out and it is important. I got the same message today(sorry, unable to create suitable frame...) with the new download. I also updated the drivers on my video card while I was waiting for a solution.

So, this is what worked for me. (in Vegas 8.0c) For other forum members in the future.

Update drivers on video card.
Re-download the zip file
Extract files and re-install (to default directory)
Now it should show up in Vegas FX list

To apply the MB effect - MAKE SURE THAT THE PLAY HEAD (vertical line) is in the middle of the clip, not on first or last frame. I tried to apply effect to the track - and it didn't work. When I moved the play head to the middle of a clip in the timeline - I could apply the effect to the entire track.

Good luck with yours Jeff - let us know how it works out.
Old February 11th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #25
Major Player

anyone else having irratic rendering issues? sometimes I will get all the way through, and sometimes it will just stop. all the videos I have tried it on have been about 2-3 minutes.
Old February 12th, 2009, 10:26 PM   #26
Major Player

Success!

So I downloaded an updated version of Looks, per Jeremy's email. Un-installed MB Suite, including Looks (which I deleted from the Plug Ins folder of Premiere Pro, and Looks Builder from the Program Files folder).

Installed Colorista first (which had always installed properly), then installed Looks (version 1.2) and---voila! It installed and it's up and running again. (Like an old friend you've missed :)

So happy to have Looks back, but I'm crossing my fingers (or at least get as many projects completed before something else happens :)

Oh, thanks everyone for the help/advice/support/shoulder to cry on.

Best,

Last edited by Jeff Anselmo; February 12th, 2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: added material
Jeff Anselmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 10:30 PM   #27
Major Player

glad to hear it!
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:02 AM   #28
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Diewert View Post
my original problem was likely caused by not having the play head in Vegas in the middle of the clip in the timeline.
See post #2 in this thread!!
Ian Stark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...