Weird stability problems with MainConcept mp4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 16th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Major Player

Weird stability problems with MainConcept mp4

Hmm... this may be two seperate problems, but on my work computer, I tried to render out a 90 min. video in Mainconcept MP4 and ended up with a file that I couldn't open in VLC or Quicktime.

Similarly, on my home computer, I've been trying to render-out some files to MP4 which are for archiving purposes; the idea being that if my hard drive fails, and my backup hard drive fails, I want to at least have a DVD-based backup, even if it's a crappy one at 5mbps. Anyway, for whatever reason, Vegas at home is crapping out with an error at around the 25% marker.

What I'm trying now is rendering to M2T, then seeing if I can convert that file to MP4.

Any advice? Think I need a reinstall of Vegas?
Old February 16th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #2
Major Player

could it be a codec issue when trying to play, if you are missing codecs you can download all the codecs you need at

Free-Codecs.com :: Download latest audio codecs, video codecs, codec packs and tools, FREE!

try media player classic, more stable than windows media,
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:01 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mobley View Post
could it be a codec issue when trying to play, if you are missing codecs you can download all the codecs you need at

Free-Codecs.com :: Download latest audio codecs, video codecs, codec packs and tools, FREE!

try media player classic, more stable than windows media,
Playing MP4 files I made before isn't a problem, only rendering. The files I'm getting have "no moov box."

Last edited by Brian Boyko; February 16th, 2009 at 05:49 PM.
Brian Boyko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...