DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Dvd arch 5.0a crashes 64bit machine (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/144793-dvd-arch-5-0a-crashes-64bit-machine.html)

Brian Rhodes February 27th, 2009 09:43 PM

Dvd arch 5.0a crashes 64bit machine

DVD ARCH 5.0A CRASHES on my computer when I select the make DVD tab.
Isolated the problem to the LG Blu-ray Burner remove it everything worked fine withe the regular burner, I decided to buy a Pioneer same problem when I select the make DVD tab my computer blue screens and re-boots the burner works ok with nero. MY operating system is windows xp 64 bit Dual QUAD core

Edward Troxel February 28th, 2009 08:40 AM

Can you use DVD Architect to PREPARE the DVD and then use Nero to BURN the DVD?

Brian Rhodes February 28th, 2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 1019967)
Can you use DVD Architect to PREPARE the DVD and then use Nero to BURN the DVD?

I can input the files into DVD ACH when I select MAKE DVD tab to configure the settings BLU-Screen

I am editing with Vegas 8.0c and using Nero 9 unitil I can figure out out the problem .

I was using Vegas 8.1 worked great but my cineform codec does dot work with 8.1 had to re-install 8.0c. I talked to the people at Cineform Sony as all there info it will prob. work with Vegas 9 when it is released. This 64 bit has been nothing but of trouble.

Edward Troxel February 28th, 2009 10:58 AM

There is an option in the preferences that reads "Skip drive database...". You might see if changing that option helps any.

So you can't go to File - Make DVD at all? Usually you can at least get that far and then only choose the "Prepare DVD" option.

Daniel Davis March 31st, 2009 01:01 PM

DVD Architect Crashing with "Make DVD"

Hi Edward,

Was wondering if you resovled the issue with your DVD Architect crashing when you push "Make DVD." I am having the same problem.

I'm also running an XP Pro 64 bit system.

I haven't found a solution.

Edward Troxel March 31st, 2009 02:29 PM

It's not crashing on me. However, I believe you'll find you're running an unsupported OS for that product.That could be part of the problem.

Ron Evans March 31st, 2009 04:29 PM

I am running DVD Architect 5.0 with two LG burners one SD and the other Bluray with no problems on Vista 64. My only problem is that Cineform NEoScene and DVD Architect 5.0a dont' seem to like one another. Converts have no audio. DVD Architect 5.0 is OK.

Ron Evans

Brian Rhodes April 2nd, 2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Davis (Post 1037121)
Hi Edward,

Was wondering if you resovled the issue with your DVD Architect crashing when you push "Make DVD." I am having the same problem.

I'm also running an XP Pro 64 bit system.

I haven't found a solution.

I have not resovled the problem I will give Sony a call today. I am using Nero 9 for now.
I have tried two different Blu-ray burners Pioneer and Lg. If I diconnect the Blu-ray burners DVD Architect works with regular dvd burner installed.

Jack Bellford April 2nd, 2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Evans (Post 1037664)
I am running DVD Architect 5.0 with two LG burners one SD and the other Bluray with no problems on Vista 64. My only problem is that Cineform NEoScene and DVD Architect 5.0a dont' seem to like one another. Converts have no audio. DVD Architect 5.0 is OK.

Ron Evans

That's quite interesting. I run very much the same system and have the same issue with Neo Scene. I thought it was just me.

Jack Bellford April 2nd, 2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Rhodes (Post 1042558)
I have not resovled the problem I will give Sony a call today. I am using Nero 9 for now.
I have tried two different Blu-ray burners Pioneer and Lg. If I diconnect the Blu-ray burners DVD Architect works with regular dvd burner installed.

I don't think Sony will help you on this issue. XP Pro 64 is not supported and therefore they will not afford you any assistance.

Rick Diaz April 2nd, 2009 10:22 PM

I am running Vista 64 with Vegas Pro and DVDA 5.0 and using an LG BD burner and have had no problems burning disks.

Andy Todzia April 3rd, 2009 08:43 PM

I also had problems after upgrading to Vista 64 bit and when I went back to DVDA 5.0 everything worked.